Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I own a 2006 Element EX 4WD MT with the stock wheels that came with the car.

I need to buy new tires and I want to get wheel spacers while I'm at it. I don't know a lot about cars nor which spacers to get. I did a search and saw H&R make some spacers for the Element but wasn't sure which size to get or how much should I look at spending.

Any help would be appreciated much.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
spacers require some research.

first, you need to realize that using spacers changes the effective offset of your wheels. this means different loading on your wheel bearings, different feedback to the steering wheel, etc. of course, you do get a wider track.

for our vehicle, you want hub centric spacers that are set up for our bolt circle. w/ such spacers, you can probably go up to 5~6mm thickness and use the original studs. to go to 10~12mm, you'll need new, longer studs. at 15mm, you can get the spacer type that provides new studs in between the old ones. the greater thickness, the greater the need for getting them lined up correctly. centering rings will help. make sure everything is torqued correctly, and then re-check it all after 100 miles or so. if anything gets loose, you could break a stud, or much worse.

i'm using Ichiba spacers, 20mm front, 15mm rear to give me effective 35mm offset front and 40mm rear. i get a little more torque steer under hard acceleration, but enjoy the wider track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts