Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving today and white mist shot out from the vents... I thought it was smoke at first but once it cleared there was moisture on the vents... I tried to smell it to see what it can be and it was odorloess. i don't think it was water. What is this? I popped the Hood and didn't notice anything.... Can someone tell me why this happened? By the way the ac was on and it was on refresh mode..... Not Recirc... Should I take it to the dealer and have it checked out???????

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
[quote:0d204852c1="MrCLoWnY"]I was driving today and white mist shot out from the vents... I thought it was smoke at first but once it cleared there was moisture on the vents... I tried to smell it to see what it can be and it was odorloess. i don't think it was water. What is this? I popped the Hood and didn't notice anything.... Can someone tell me why this happened? By the way the ac was on and it was on refresh mode..... Not Recirc... Should I take it to the dealer and have it checked out???????[/quote:0d204852c1]

it started happening to my 91 accord, about a year ago. didn't think too much about it. if it concerns you... take it to you dealer maybe?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know what it can be though??? This never happened before and I never heard of this happening to anyone......

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the same thing with my Integra, Del Sol and my "E". Nothing to worry about. You have your AC on high and it's very humid out. When the warm moist air is run throught the AC system it's creating a mini cloud. All that really means is that your AC is funtioning extremly well. You'll probably never see it on anything BUT a Honda product...

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's like contrails from the neck snapping acceleration, dude!....Just kidding. It is the great Honda AC compressor vs. high ambient humidity. Be thankful.

yelapa

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's true, I've only ever seen it in an Acura Legend. Oh and occasionally in cars right after the AC is turned off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good. I guess i have nothing to worry about,.. thanks for the info...

·
Registered
176 Posts
i had this happen on my 86 ford taurus, but when the heat was turned on.

the smoke had a sweet smell, and coated the inside of the windows with a grease-like consistency.

turned out that the heating coil had broken, and engine coolant was burning up and entering my vents. fun stuff!

moral of the story: buy honda :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My AC still works well.... SHould I still take it into the dealer?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was in a commercial airplane once and landed in haiti, after the doors were open all this white mist started pouring out of the vents in the celling(very scary looking). The stuwartess said it happens all the time because of the heat / moisture rapidly coming in...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I noticed the moisture again today. I guess i just never noticed it..... Im not going to worry unless something doesn't work right.. I mean I only 3000 miles and the warranty will be there for me for a while....

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It's condensation! A normal occurence when it's real hot and muggy! Kinda like the little puddle under your car in the summertime!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, it's just condesation. Basically you've got a cold blast hitting moist air in the car interior and converting it to water vapor. It's the same thing that happens when you open a cold freezer in the summer and mist comes out... just the water in the air getting condensed. It'll happen in any car if the air is moist enough when the AC is turned on.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's just water vapor.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled life :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
:shock: golly gee wilikers Batman... It's poison gas!!!

:| Quick Robin... out of the bat mobile!!!

Nothing to worry about. This is condensation in the AC. Kinda like a humidifier...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for your reassurance... i jsut never had this happen to me before......

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:ec74c913e8="eMass"]White mist? That's ANTHRAX buddy!

j/k :lol:[/quote:ec74c913e8]
Going a bit off topic, but on my way to a tour in Washington DC (of XM radio headquarters, BTW), I passed right by the "Brentwood" Post office and said to myself, "That sounds familiar..." and then realized it was the Post Office shut down because of Anthrax.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts