Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since there was a thread going up on who had the most miles, I thought I would ask who has had their Element for a long time but has kept their mileage quite low.

I have a friend who has a 2 mile commute to work and only puts on about 5000 miles per year!

·
Registered
335 Posts
So I guess your friend only leaves the house to go to work! 5000 miles per year... jeez, I go about 5000 miles every 3 months and I only live 8 miles from my workplace! My road habits keep me from being able to lease vehicles due to excessive mileage. If I could only cut my driving in half, I could afford that BMW I've always wanted!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I picked up my car on Easter and just cracked the 3600 mile mark. I try really hard to find reasons to drive my E (because I love driving it), but I live really close to everything I need (dang it).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! So with such low mileage, do you still wait until 5000 miles before the first oil change? Is there a time factor that should be applied like do an oil change at least twice a year no matter how little miles you put on?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I guess I'll follow the "severe" maintenance schedule based on the type of driving I do, short stop and go trips. With my other cars I used to base it on the mileage, but I'll probably do the mileage or time whichever comes first. I'm going to get my first oil change on Monday mostly because I'll be at the dealer anyways to have them check out my failed front windshield washer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.