Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Black Y 5 speed on January 28. My dealer assured me that the order was placed immediately and then each month passed with no word of a delivery date. First April was promised, then May, and finally yesterday I was informed that it is due to come with the July allocation for my dealer. :shock: I do not yet have a VIN but was told I should get that soon. I have never before waited this long for an ordered vehicle. In 1997 I waited 8 weeks for a factory ordered Chevrolet Express van and thought that was a long time. The one consolation I have regarding the long wait for the Element is that all of the production line bugs should be worked out by then. :wink: My grandmother always said that anticipation was better than the reality. I hope that isn't true in this case.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ouch!!! My heart goes out to you. That is a long wait. :?

·
Registered
64 Posts
:shock: That is crazy!! :shock: I'd be asking for a copy of the paperwork PROVING it was ordered!

We ordered Feb 2, and picked up May 10. Sunset Orange Pearl 5sp Y

I didn't think the Black was as hard to get as the SOP :?:

What city are you from, maybe there's a dealership close by with one in stock!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
PS i copied this from babychai:

FYI, I went to North Markham today (sat May 10) and they had 5 elements in the lot...(at least 2 were sold) 3 EBP, 1 SOP and 1 SSM

dm carly ....call North Markham!!...905-477-2451 ask for Charles, tell him Brenda Brown told you to call...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am glad that I didn't have to wait. I had to get rid of a crappy 2000 Windstar that I had the misfortune of buying. Took a $4000 loss on the trade in to what I owed and then picked up my SOP a day and a half later. It was the showroom DX model.
If I had to wait I would have went crazy!!!!!!!!!
God only knows what I would have got for the Ford if I had to wait 2 months longer

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote:93b1703c5e="BB with the E"]PS i copied this from babychai:

FYI, I went to North Markham today (sat May 10) and they had 5 elements in the lot...(at least 2 were sold) 3 EBP, 1 SOP and 1 SSM

dm carly ....call North Markham!!...905-477-2451 ask for Charles, tell him Brenda Brown told you to call...[/quote:93b1703c5e]

my dad went back on monday (2 days later) and spoke to some other guys and they said that the wait time was 2 months.
what i don't get is why there were so many in the lot? they didn't have time to do the PDI? well, i'll check again this weekend...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,
I ordered mine february 2 and I had my SOP 2WD Y package last monday !
I really enjoy to drive this element :p The shifter is really smooth and fun to use and the motor is smooth, torquey and powerful 8)
(Before to signed my contract with Honda, I was only able to drive (dealer road test) two time an AWD version with automatic transmission...
For me, This 5 speed stick is really a "much" for fun to drive factor :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered my E May 6 and was told to expect it the first week of June. I got a call at the beginning of this week letting me know it was in early. I've already gone to visit it at the dealership (they still had some stuff to install) and I pick it up tomorrow morning. Start to finish I waited 23 days, got a good deal, and great service. My heart goes out to you guys that have the long waits. Someone was tracking the vin #s to see where they were - if it's of any interest mine is #767.
Hope you hear some good news soon. :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just came across this wicked website! I am totally looking fwd to finally getting me Element but, I am still feeling the pain of waiting - ordered my Galapagos Green (GG - I love that name) Y package Feb 22nd and was told 2-3 weeks, then mid April, then last week of April. Last time I spoke to the dealership they told me the scheduled build date is May 28th - today! I'm scared to call them in case it's delayed even further! Oh well, it's be worth the wait - sorry to see that I'm not the only one waiting! Hey, when something is THIS hot, it's gotta be worth it right!

Soon to be GG on the Danforth! :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
So now I can plead with you to come out to the next meet so that I can not be the lone non-SOP owner. :lol:

·
Registered
894 Posts
My aim is to get the colours of the Elemental rainbow. :lol:

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
All i can say is ouch to some of the wait times..........I had originally ordered my sop jan 30........a few days later i got word a gg 4wd y was coming in early the next week.........feb 6 i took delivery.Had i decided to wait for the sop i was looking at 2 months.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The wait is now over for me! I pick mine up tonight.
11 weeks total waiting time. (Now that's what I call foreplay!) It did arrive ahead of schedule though. I was originally told it would be sometime in July. I am very glad that I waited though because ultimately I got the vehicle of my choice with the options of my choice.

SOP "Y" 5spd. mudguards, chrome pipe, chrome wheel locks & carpet matts.

My heart goes out to anyone who is still waiting.

:lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks! Mine was originally supposed to arrive in July too but it is here earlier than expected. I hope that the same happens for you.

I ordered mine in March.

I know how tough the waiting is. I'll keep my fingers crosse for you.

8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote:961ae5f815="dmcarley"]I ordered a Black Y 5 speed on January 28. My dealer assured me that the order was placed immediately and then each month passed with no word of a delivery date. First April was promised, then May, and finally yesterday I was informed that it is due to come with the July allocation for my dealer. :shock: I do not yet have a VIN but was told I should get that soon. I have never before waited this long for an ordered vehicle. In 1997 I waited 8 weeks for a factory ordered Chevrolet Express van and thought that was a long time. The one consolation I have regarding the long wait for the Element is that all of the production line bugs should be worked out by then. :wink: My grandmother always said that anticipation was better than the reality. I hope that isn't true in this case.[/quote:961ae5f815]

Yeouch, that's a long wait. But have faith. I ordered my black 5 speed Y package on April 12th and just got it yesterday. Maybe yours in on the way too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I have finally taken delivery of my much anticipated E!
I am now the proud owner of an awesome Galapagos Green Y Package (EX I guess they call it in the states). I picked it up last Thursday and promply headed to Elora Gorge on a camping trip (it was cool inner tubing through the gorge too). Of course the E swallowed up all my gear with room to spare! The stereo rocks, the drive is sweet and the power seems adequate (although I moved up from a 97 Civic), so I've been grinning from ear to ear all week, and I love the stares from onlookers!!!
:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts