Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know about the 2009, but I know that Bose makes the 2008 system. I know this because I bought a Parrot bluetooth system and had to buy a harness to interface to the OEM stereo, and the one that fit was for Bose. Makes sense. The EX system is good, but sounds like a budget Bose system. Too bad there's not a kick ass upgrade.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I believe that the system is a mixture of products designed for Honda by different companies...although not necessarily built by them. I know that the XM receiver is by Pioneer and all of the research I have done indicates the headunit is by Alpine. I'm sitting here with my factory radio in my hand and it gives no hint of who it's made by other than saying "Assembled in Mexico".

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I don't know about the 2009, but I know that Bose makes the 2008 system. I know this because I bought a Parrot bluetooth system and had to buy a harness to interface to the OEM stereo, and the one that fit was for Bose. Makes sense. The EX system is good, but sounds like a budget Bose system. Too bad there's not a kick ass upgrade.
it is not bose. headunit is alpine, speakers are pioneer, like big al said the xm tuner is made by pioneer, and although i have bypassed it i have not checked the maker of the amp but i can assure you that none of it is bose.

the part that you bought to interface with the factory radio was probably just a universal type interface for factory amplified systems not just bose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts