Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to do the big 3 upgrade but someone did a big 5 which is running bigger wire to and from the fuse/relay box. Just need to know how you connected it, i have not looked at it close yet, just wondering what kind of connectors to use. Also, you said it helped on the way the motor ran, did it help a lot or not enough to notice because mine is very unresponsive with the throttle. Thanks
steve

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would think the only thing that could effect the motor is the bigger grounding wire, or more grounding points to the engine. Are people using just the 4 or 0G wire for hooking up stereo components to do this?

·
Registered
572 Posts
i can't see big 5 being that benificail. the added conduit for the fuse box, can't make drive by wire react that much faster.. i can't see any logic behind it.

now, while doing big 3.. there's logic to it. with aftermarket stereo's and amplifiers, your pulling more current, and amps.. their for making the alternator and battery work harder. not to mention the demand on tap, the extra conduit makes electricity flow easier. the grounds help dramticly.

big 5.. its not a indy car... your not making the PCM, fuse box, other small draining electronics perform easier.

i could be wrong.. but im open for debate.. lol

btw.. heres the link for my big 3.. dunno if you seen it yet. Built B16A's BIG 3!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, what I read before is he did notice better throttle response, so that is why I am trying to find the post but I cant. I am just gonna try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have heard of the 'ground kits' improving idle and throttle response, but I have never actually heard of the 'big 5' :confused:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HEY Nis , I had not heard if it either, I have done the big 3 on many many cars for customers in the past and my own vehicles. The eocer that posted this called it the big 5 it was just the big three with 4 guage and he ran 4 guage to and from the main underhood fuse/relay box, he said he noticed a difference in his lighting, idle, throttle response and other things. I only got the cables cut to length today and the connectors on, a family thing came up so I could not finish it and Im going to lakeland community college for a auto-x meet in the morning, taking the box for the heck of it to get some times and good feedback of the E before the KSports, i cant remember from last time.
Later

·
Registered
572 Posts
im not going to throw a bunch of salt at you for trying to squeeze alittle extra performance out of the element, but seriously.. if it did improve throttle response.. how much is that going to help?

how much does the element weight? we all know aero dynamics are against us.. and what is the WHP at the wheels? about 200?

other than getting into the engine, getting some hard core modifications done, and turning your element into a drag car.. there isnt' much benefit of "faster throttle response".. and does your K24 have a hard time idling now? what needs to be improved?

i kinda lost with this mod. the big 3 make sence.. your big 5 seams like false hope.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
how much does the element weight? we all know aero dynamics are against us.. and what is the WHP at the wheels? about 200?
200 WHP???????? STOCK??? I want your engine in my E!!!!
I am guessing that you meant about 140??? Or is there a
Turbo somewhere I missed??? Good Golly Miss Molly!!!
200 WHP in the E!!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
isn't it specked at like 205 at the flywheel..

prolly about 140 at the wheels like you said..

even more debate on needing a better idle, and faster throttle response.. cuz face it.. we have high performance machines.. lol

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
isn't it specked at like 205 at the flywheel..

prolly about 140 at the wheels like you said..

even more debate on needing a better idle, and faster throttle response.. cuz face it.. we have high performance machines.. lol
The E engine is 166 at the flywheel!!
The TSX and Accord EX are 205 and 195 respectfully.
The E is a little different than those two.

:D

·
Registered
572 Posts
dude.. regardless..

in respect of a economy car, why would this mythical big 5 upgrade help performance.... answer that.

is its going to benefit performance? a noticeable increase in HP? MPG? whats the use?

so even worse.. 166 at the flywheel.. has to be well under 140 at the wheels.. the OP is worried about throttle response? idle issues?

again.. big 5.. i don't get it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I didn't mean to start a war guys. Im just trying to get a little more, I'm not expecting the world, plus this is also to help my audio system out, it is worth the shot in my eyes. Also, I do NOT drag race, I hate drag racing, its boring too me.
All I am wanting is better Throttle response, I dont expect hp, non at all. Hell if I get anoter .2 mpg that would be sweet, lol.
But anyways, just for some info I have found, I have seen a 2008 manual put down 141hp and I think the torque was 129ftlb posted somewhere on the internet, not bad when my buddies 07 Civic SI with a real exhaust and HPS intake, put down 164 hp/131tq with the stock tune, and yes I know thats a k20, but it just shows you how much torque we have and the potential our motors have, but Im not looking for big hp and tq, this is a daily driver, just want a little more response for when I need it, my E just feels like a horrible lagging turbo car, Its just a little annoying.
Later guys, have a good day,
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts