Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in contact with Ultratrim Inc. in Gardena, CA... They're the ones doing a lot of the dual sunroofed E's in So Cal.

Anyway, the total cost of installation is $1,295.00 plus tax, which brings it to $1,401.84.

The reason why I'm posting it here... is that I'm betting that if I can write back to the Ultratrim guy, saying that I have a couple of E owners on board to get a front sunroof... they'd probably offer a group discount? Heck... even 10% saves $130 bucks!

So if you're interested, let me know and when I have a couple of people I'll email the guy and see if we can get a group discount together!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I contacted them as well, however I won't take the leap until I can see some pics from the inside to see what happens with the overhead storage and lights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The heck with a "sun/moonroof", have you seen the "skylights" on the new Nissan Quest mini-van?

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelAttributes/0,,29714|31002|,00.html

Verrrry cool -- would like on my Element.

·
Registered
163 Posts
1. Does the installation cover the front install and automating both the front and rear?

2. Are these the guys that did the E's at Goudy Honda?

If they are the same guys, the quote should include installing a front sunroof, automating both sunroofs and putting a sliding cover on the rear one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have some pics of my front Sunroof put can not figure how to post them. If someone can tell me I will or send me your email addr and I will send them direct to you . . .Mike in Arizona

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote:3d5e4e6eb6="ExpressElement"]1. Does the installation cover the front install and automating both the front and rear?

2. Are these the guys that did the E's at Goudy Honda?

If they are the same guys, the quote should include installing a front sunroof, automating both sunroofs and putting a sliding cover on the rear one.[/quote:3d5e4e6eb6]

he said the elements with the existing rear sunroof cannot be powered. well, it can but it involves reskinning the roof with would cost over $2000 for just the rear sunroof itself.

i'm going to post the emails in the next post:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
original email:
To whom it may concern;

I own a 2003 Honda Element and I'm interested in installing a powered front sunroof. As you may or may not know, the Element comes standard with a manual rear sunroof, but no front one. It has been said that because of the lack of traditional B pillars in the Element, there is extra reinforcement in the roof to strengthen the car in the event of a side impact.

I heard that your company does installs and possibly uses the Webasto Hollandia 700 series. My question is, what are the dimensions of said product? Would the installation of the sunroof interfere with the roof braces I mentioned earlier? How much would the total cost of installation be?

Also, as I said, I have a manual rear sunroof that is only tilt up or removable only. Does your company have an option to make this a powered and sliding sunroof? The dimensions of the rear sunroof are 33.5"x25.5", I talked to Webasto and their sales rep told me they don't make sunroofs that big.

I appreciate your time and hope to hear a response as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Edward
his response:
Edward

We had installed power sunroof for Element since the third week the vehicle
was introduced. We had done more than 30 units for dealers throughout
southern California.
The front power sunroof is 39"X20" that Webasto call it TVS49. This is the
biggest power sunroof offer in the market.
The only way you can remove and replace the rear pop-up roof is to re-skin
the roof, which can run you over $2000 for that process alone. It is not the
best way to do..
The 700 series sunroof are reinforced within itself, it will replace the
braces that we remove from the vehicle. These sunroof are tested by webasto
(100 year old company, and OEM supplier), which so far there are no problem
in last 30 years in the modern automobile history.
Thanks
Tom
my response:
Tom,

I appreciate your prompt response. Based on what you said about the rear
sunroof... I'll have to agree that it isn't really worth it!

What kind of prices and installation fees am I looking at to install the
front sunroof? When installing the front sunroof, does the front overhead
storage compartment have to be removed or is it possible to keep it in
place?

If possible, please send me a quote/estimate on the total cost of
installation of the front sunroof.

Thanks,
Edward
his response:
We will modify the front overhead storage compartment to allow the room for
the sunroof. TVS49 is the biggest sunroof offer in the market. The installed
price @ $1295.00 plus tax.
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
My name is Michael and I live in Peoria Arizona a suburb of Phoenix and yep those are pics of my front sun roof . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Should get my act together: the sunroof is from American Sunroofs model 925/840/750VSS installed by the dealer . . .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was quoted 1295 for the sunroof installed by the company in Gardena,CA. Does anyone know what the effect on the warrenty is if you don't have it installed by the dealer. The dealer quoted me around $1800.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the American Sunroof Company that was being spoken of is a company commonly called ASC then look the other way. Our company installed these roofs for a local Honda dealership back in the early to mid 90's and they are very problematic. Lots of motor, and switch problems. Remember when buying a roof ask about the warranty on leakage and ELECTRICAL including MOTORS! Installers will always talk about LIFETIME against leakage but fail to tell you that the electrical parts have a one to three year warranty.

And pertaining to the Honda factory warranty being voided because of an installation the answer is no.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts