Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO how many of you guys and girls out there would like to see Metra make a double DIN dash kit for our truck? With nav and video units more and more common the single DIN one just doesnt cut it anymore. And personally I like the way their stuff fits and looks better than the other companies out there so i would love to see one made since they apparently arent changing the interior dash configuration of the E anytime soon. Chime in.

·
Registered
873 Posts
is the double din the big hole or the two holer?I got my two holer w/ pocket or with out.(it might even make a 1 holer also .off flebay $5.00 +$5.00 ship.looks to fit everything,just trim off what you dont need (very easly done) Instructions are pretty easy altho kinda hard to follow for the E. but over all a very nice kit.and it's made in the usa,cowafornia to be presice.(I just saw a cowafornia cheesse add on the tube ,great addvertizing) I dont rember the name that was 2 months ago, probly still on my ebay. he had harness and most everything at great price. I think harnes was $1.00, witch beats the heck uot of wally world or auto parts store.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is my point. metras current kit for the E is JUST for the E, so you dont have stuff to cut off and possibly accidentally cut the wrong ones and be out of luck, etc. This is also one of the reasons they are "the installers choice" What i would like to see if them make a double DIN kit like the 99-7863 is for single DIN in the fact that it is made just for our truck, not some jacked up, cut this, trim that multikit. Anyone else? This may be what they need to make it happen. Everything is driven by sales when it comes time to devoting R&D time whether it is vehicle related or otherwise so if there is a demand for it then it will get made, if there isnt it gets put on a back burner or taken off the stove till a later time when the same reevaluation is done.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i vote yes.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is exactly my point though. would you like to see them make one also? and if you look on the right hand side of the scosche link above they are saying that it uses a std motorola antenna which is totally wrong on the 07 up E's. Metras sight is killer for getting the right kits/harness/antenna adaptor when you need the correct info for any car. the scosche one...not so much.

www.metraonline.com

·
Registered
579 Posts
What's your argument? Get the kit or don't. I have the Scosche and I could care less if Metra DID make a double-din kit 'cause the Scosche works and fits perfectly. No cutting or whatever you're implying it has. Snap on the trim, screw in the headunit, screw it back in the dash. What's the problem?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is no problem dude, but just cause eibach makes springs does that mean tein shouldnt have or cause tein makes coilovers, ksport is wasting their time making theirs for us? I mean really? The more options that are out there the better it is for everyone on here that wants to put a double DIN radio in their truck. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with the Scosche kit, but if there is a call for it then it will get made. I bet alot more people put double DIN radios in their E than do coilovers or maybe even cold air intakes. Just because one is out there doesnt mean we shouldnt have an option to chose from. Jeez.

As far as get the kit or dont, I am able to talk to people on a level at this place that I can bet almost anybody else on this forum cannot. I know these guys personally as i am sure alot of people on here know people in other industries that are helpful to the forum in another aspect. Lighten up and if you dont think it is needed cause you already have a dash kit them move on to the next thread.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I had already contacted the guys at Metra about making a simple plug to make the subwoofer portion of the EX and SC a plug and play deal and they have done nothing about it. If you have the connections to get somebody to make a kit, you better get them to make a sub plug too, cause honestly, I am tired of reading posts about how people can't get it to work :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they recently took a bunch of pictures of it when they were in my truck testing a steering wheel piece. problem is that so for they have only been able to source a board mount style connector like the one that is soldered into the back of the radio. it is unclear if the connector is actually available any other way right now. i will ask about it next week when i head over there and they have the link to this thread as well. so back to the dash kit... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts