Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my Element (moving to the other side of the world), so I'm fixing up a few things. I had my bike mounted on the back of my Element and when my mom accidentally turned on the rear wiper, it got stuck on the bike and the motor ran for several hours.

Now I need to replace the rear wiper. The shop told me the parts alone will cost just over $300.

Can anyone refer me to a cheaper way of getting the parts?

I drive a 2004 Honda Element with an automatic transmission. I believe it's an LX, and I have no idea as to whether it's 2WD or 4WD.

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like bernardiparts.com Motor assembly is $74.08 w/o shipping. Part #76700-SCV-A02 Not really sure which parts you need though.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Curtisblackwell.

Is this a job you're able to do yourself?

Online vendors include (in alpha order):
Bernardi (Massachusetts)
Cheap Honda Parts (California)
College Hills Honda (Ohio)
Honda Parts Deals (Rhode Island)
Honda Parts Now (California)
Honda Parts Store (Maryland)
Honda Parts Unlimited (Arizona)
Majestic (Rhode Island)
My Honda Parts Store (Oklahoma)
Real Honda Parts (Texas)

Since you'll be advertising the car for sale, you need to know whether your car is LX, DX, or EX trim, and whether it has 2WD or 4WD.
See VIN decoder here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NaughtE and ramblerdan,

Thanks for your help! It's crazy how much cheaper it looks like this will be.

I doubt I'd be able to do this myself, but if I can get the parts before my parents come in town, my stepdad will most likely be able to help me.

That's a good point (knowing the 2WD vs. 4WD), I'll look into that.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey I have a rear wiper motor sitting around somewhere. It's from an 07 or 08 but it should fit your 04. You can have it for free, just cover the shipping. Just PM me if you want it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Got to love the EOC. Curtis, it is a pretty simple task definitely something you would be able to do with your step dad. Menno, that is a very generous offer, thanks for helping out a fellow EOCer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts