Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer told me that the target market for the E was age 19-30 but that baby-boomers (like me) were buying at least half of the E's he sold. Last night I attended a classical concert in Miami and there, in the theatre parking lot was another E just like mine being driven by a very "classy," elegant lady on her way to the same concert. Naturally I spoke to her, got her e-mail address and told her about this club. AHHHHH...the joys of E ownership! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, Hank, I am 55 years old, female and just bought my E. Went fully prepared to buy a CRV but drove the E and bought it same day, no bargaining. Fell in love! Baby boomers have good taste!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am 27 and female....we went to buy a Civic....I feel ins love with the E and my husband was still pushing the civic....guess who won??? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a young 53 yrs. year old female who LOVES her "e". I am pulling a 1953 travel trailer and it makes a great looking rig!

I heard the baby-b's like ourselves were buying them because they were easy to get in and out of. The truth of course is because they look so great and are soooo much fun!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 54 and sold a PT Cruiser to buy an Element. My wife thinks the E is cool, but had hoped I would wait to buy the second model year, but I couldn't wait.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Funny, my wife and I both loved the Element even though I was looking at other SUVs. She always loved the PT Cruiser also. I've had my E since early Feb and love it. Our college age son wants to borrow it this weekend for an outdoor weekend concert on Long Island.
I'm thinkin' his 86' Olds Cutlass Supreme is more his style.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Mr. Target Demographic here....

21 year old college student, living in sunny so. cal.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm a 45 yo male and do most of the posting here for my wife's E
( she spends too much time chatting with her g/f's online instead of learning about the vehicles ...maybe is a guy thing..no offense ladies...), she is 50 and like myself was looking for a economical, reliable and a standard shift for our next vehicle so when I took her for a ride in my
RSX-S to the Honda dealer to get some parts for me....she wondered off into the showroom and everything else is history.....

8)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah we did the roll call of ages earlier this year, and have proven the ages, are quite diverse.. but the majority certainly are not in the demographic!

I too eyeballed the PT Cruiser, from its creation to launch.. i was sadly disappointed on so many points with it for those who never drove one, drive it.. you will see what i am saying.. it barely could climb over a speed bump with out sounding & feeling like it was struggling! it is so small inside only people without legs could fit in the back, and don't talk about the shoulder nor head room.. plus you had to really reach down for the shift.. i was really unimpressed.. so it makes a nice lawn ornament.. they are cute cars neat concept, but missing too much, and since they are built on the Neon.. which is one of Chryslers biggest mistakes well you know what that means.. the saving grace are all those people who have ripped out every mechanical aspect of the PT Cruiser and made them street rods.. so they saved the shell! Everything has a use, eh?

I am a 34 year old female and love my E!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have to agree with all of you, I wanted a PT Cruiser so bad when I first saw the picture in my Sunday paper. Every one I saw I loved. Then along came the "Element" The first pic I saw was Satin Silver. I now am a proud owner of it. I love it and the attention it draws. I have 6500 miles and not a hint of a problem. Will do the first oil change at 10,000 and convert to synthetic. I'm not a gearhead but do feel that the acceleration response is wonderful. No worries. From Florida. A.C. all day and 22 mpg. 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchased ours yesterday, an EX, 2 wheel drive in KS. I'm 54 and wife is 53, and we love our Element. Green and think it is the cat's meow.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, I don't even fit the target demographic, and I'm not 50.

I'm 18. Sold my 2001 Jeep Cherokee to buy the Element because I loved how it handled more like a car than an SUV. I now have this E and my 95 del Sol... I love Hondas :D

I was one of the first four Elements sold at the dealership and now EVERYONE has Elements... ahhh, I buy a car to be unique and then everyone else buys them. I guess it's good because we get aftermarket support, but now I have to spend more money to be unique... 18" Enkei RS6's here I come :)

Anyway, I don't care how old any of the other people are, all Element drivers are welcome in my book.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I'm a 32 yo male from NW New Jersey and I was desperate to get out from under a problem child VW. I looked at the mazda 6, Xterra, Acura RSX and realizing that the prices and trade in offers were not floating my boat. Finally I got fed up when the Jetta's "emissions workshop" light came on again. I decided to head to the honda dealer and look at the Civic Si, I saw this Galopago's Green Box sitting there next to a Civic Si and I immediatly was intrigued by it, my only concern that weirded me out was the location of the shifter. Too bad the dealer was closed because i wanted to test drive it then. Well the next day I went to a dealer closer to my home and testdrove a SOP DX AWD and fell inlove. The salesman told me it was the "poorman's hummer" with in 2 days I had my new SSM AWD and it will be 1 month old tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Doesnt ANYBODY get it?!?!?! Honda learned from the new VW Beetle and went one step further.
Its SO obvious when you think about it!!
They CLAIM their target market is the Y generation......so the older generations like us will FEEL younger/hipper/groovy!!! They kill 2 birds with one stone! They get the young and the old.....SMART!

How often on these boards have you seen references to VW Buses and other "classic" mobile's? Do you think many kids today outside of the coastal surf culture even know what a VWBus or a woody is? (they either think woody is a friend of BuzzLightyear or a sex reference :oops: !) C'mon people! admit Honda hit their TRUE market group :!:

PS Ut Oh :shock: ......Is that the Honda Marketing Police Knocking on our door :?:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.