Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've placed an order on a 04 E please answer the following questions:

1. What price were you quoted for your respective model?
2. When were you told it would be delivered?

Thanks.

B

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'd like to know also. . .

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most of us haven't wipe the drools off our lower face yet, for the 03's E.

Does Honda dealers start order for 04's Element already?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a '04 EX 4X4 w/ Side Airbags in EBP on August 5th. I was quoted at $21,500, but because pricing hasn't been released, there is an agreement between me and the dealer, anything over $100 will be added to the quote. I was told to expect it to arrive in mid to late September. As of this week, everything is on schedule.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not going to wipes the drool off my face, I'll just keep on drooling.

Please update us on your new toy!

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first post -- I just put a $500.00 deposit down last Monday on a 2004 Galapagos Green Element 2wd EX with front side airbags. I was going back and forth between a local dealer who was offering an 03 by the end of August and a dealer about 90 miles who could not match the 03 offer but had a deal on ordering an 04.

When I found out that my local guy could not deliver an EX with front side airbags for a 2003 model I took the out of town guy up on his offer for the 04:
total cost including taxes, tags licensing and delivery will be $20, 186 (our county tax in New York is 8.25%) -- the base price I will pay is $18560 -- this assumes a Honda price increase of $200.00 for the 04.

Incredibly, this is only $500.00 above what the local guy could offer me for the 2003 without the front side airbags.

I've been anxiously watching these boards during the past month and I am really psyched to get my Element -- the out of town dealer says it should be in my driveway by the end of October at earliest and mid-November at the latest.

Elements do not seem terribly popular in Buffalo yet but they are obviously doing a brisk enough business that the local dealers are not moving down in price too much, especially considering there are still 03's on the lots and the 04's are due in 6 weeks.

Despite our recent snowier than usual winters, I opted for the 2WD as I've owned a Prelude and a Civic and they were both champs in the snow -- if we had any mountains in this area I might have opted for the AWD.

I am hoping and praying that the windshield problems have been resolved -- I doubt that Honda did anything major to address this but the cracked windshield seems to be the most persistent problem that people are experiencing with the Element -- I don't even consider the knocks and rocking seats to be problems compared to all the headaches my wife and I have endured with our 2000 Volkswagen Golf (20 check engine lights, 3 bad oxygen sensors, a busted glove compartment, a window that fell out of it's track and reverse lights that shorted out and caused the Volkswagen service guy to warn me that it was going to cost us $150.00 just to figure out where the problem was-- last week our VW logo fell off the back of the car and I told my wife that even the car itself doesn't want to be affiliated with Volkswagen and their cheap plastic components).

I'll take a chance on the Element windshield anyday...

Here's to the 2004's...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I posted at the "ask the dealer" page, but thought I would update everyone here as well. I put in my allocations for Elements again today (as I do each month) and I was not allocated a single 2004 Element. I highly doubt Honda has singled out our dealership, but I guess nothing is impossible. So, my next opportunity (and I'm guessing most dealer's) to order 2004's won't be until this time next month at the earliest. This means it is highly unlikely anyone will see a 2004 Element in Sept.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:?: On August 5th, I ordered (put $500. down) an 03 Ex 4 wheel drive, manuel transmition, with side air bags. Delivery date is second week of September. I was quoted $22,500 which includes Nevada sale tax of 7.5. I wonder if I should just cancel my order and wait for an O4. I wonder if I would lose my $500 deposit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think you should just tell the dealer you want an 04 instead...they should work with you, no problem...the car isn't slated to arrive for a while anyway. Your 03 will be worth hundreds if not thousands less off the lot than a newer model. Of course, if you plan to drive it 10 years that's not a consideration...

Good luck!
Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered a Silver 03 EX AT 4WD w/side airbags. Quoted $20,800 (not including taxes). Told not to expect 04 out until after November. Anticipating delivery in October (by choice).8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
We just ordered an EX AWD Manual Tranny 04..SOP. Dealer said that it should arrive in time to drive in the snow (November). No price yet. But we had negotiated 20,400 on on 03, but the dealer couldn't find one for us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote:00e9ce8f16="supamann"]This means it is highly unlikely anyone will see a 2004 Element in Sept.[/quote:00e9ce8f16]

What's new on the 04? Keyless entry for the EX?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Buffaloguy - If you happen to see this post, could you please send me a PM including your email address so I can contact you? I'm very interested in gettting an EX, 2WD, in the western NY area. Sure would like to ask you some questions.
Thanks.
GMflyfish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just checking, one of the posters above stated that they put down money on an EBP 04. I thought that was the one color that would not be continued. I would be curious if you have the deal in writing, because from what I have read, you will never get that car. If the deal says blue 04, then you will be getting the FIJI blue. I am not sure about this, but if your dealer has you slated for an EPB, I would question how well informed this sales person is. But rest assured you will love your E.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts