Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone else wish their pop-out windows were electric?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsUVWzg45MU
Uh Oh.....I just found that Chrysler Town and Country mini vans have electric pop out rear quarter glass and that New accuators are only $88. I may just have to buy one and see what I can come up with.

Anyone out there have a dodge or chrysler mini van with the power rear pop-outs? If you do, mind taking a picture for me?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Uh Oh.....I just found that Chrysler Town and Country mini vans have electric pop out rear quarter glass and that New accuators are only $88. I may just have to buy one and see what I can come up with.

Anyone out there have a dodge or chrysler mini van with the power rear pop-outs? If you do, mind taking a picture for me?
All. including my '99+ Ody have power pop-outs...

Majestic Honda sells the actuator for $62.xx....

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to have electric popout rear windows on my TRP-E! There are lots of times when I'd like to have them open to let the air flow through the car. I hope someone tries this out!
well i can buy a new accuator from dodge for $88, or used here locally for $25. But now finding out that the Odyssey has electric pop-outs, I want to research more on those.

Anyone with an Oddyssey willing to take some pics? Honda parts catalog doesnt show any good ones

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
All. including my '99+ Ody have power pop-outs...

Majestic Honda sells the actuator for $62.xx....
OK, here is the pic from Majestic's website...

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, here is the pic from Majestic's website...
yea i already saw the honda parts page. Really cant see anything from crude rendering. Maybe ill take a trip to the salvage yard to see if they have one I can see in person

·
Registered
318 Posts
interested, subscribing to thread to see how this turns out

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I would prefer rear windows that roll down. The rear windows that pop out are useless.
If they were powered they would be a lot more useful....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
+1 on this one Wickster...!

LBD

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
FOr the side windows, I just reach over...not that big of a deal and I rarely pop them out.

But that rear skylight...now there's where I have many times wanted the remote capability...even a mechanical solution is fine with me, doesn't have to be electric.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We had an '89 Chrysler minivan with the power pop out windows. I used them all the time to gain a nice airflow on days when the weather was really sweet outside. They made a big difference on pulling air in through the front window and exhausting it out the pop out.

I was disappointed that these are manual..........Honda missed the trick on that one.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey Bud... Update...?

LBD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts