Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Who steps up to the plate and lowers/mods his element. Everybody should consider 18 inches since the stock rims look so weak.

I guess it has to do with the fact that Honda missed the demographic and only lame Babyboomer buy the E.

I see the same people in the Element as in the Subaru Brat/Baja and the PT looser.

:)

Here is some inspiration for the few people on this list who are under 50.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stereosa...osausage/lst?&.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.view=t

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
By slammin the E it reduces the utility of it. At the car show this weekend I saw a slammed truck. Now that is, in my opinion weak. I consider the element a truck. I would like to see it with more clearance. If you like the low rider look then go for it, but maybe consider an El Dorado (sp?)

A PT would look okay slammed, the car isn't useful for anything else. I resent the babyboomer comment, The people who buy this truck, buy it because they like it and it fits their lifestyle. (ie dog, bike, gear)

·
Registered
338 Posts
It is a matter of personal taste. I think the Element looks silly lowered.

Go higher, if anything.

Boneheadz was correct when he stated that you lose utility when you lower the E.

Somebody already lowered the E and drove it for 3 weeks and took off the bigger rims and lower profile tires and undid susp mod and returned to stock. He said it that it rode bad, and he no longer had a smile on his face while driving the Element, and they were his words.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am definetly stepping up. I have had mine less than 24 hours and already swapped ou tthe front speakers and replace the front grill. I have MANY MANY plans for it. I bought it mainly with the intention of showing it. My fiances car won first place in class at the NOPI nat'ls and the NOPI minitruck/sport compact nat'ls last year. She still has hers, now it my turn. My big plans are 20's and paiting the plastic. I probably will get al the plastic redone in fiberglass and doing some flares on it. I would also like to apnel the rear sides like the Studio-E. Oh man Oh man Oh man!!!! Just keep an eye out. I will mostly likely post pics wuite often of chagnes. :D :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C'mon guys get a Escalade if you want to play the pimpin SUV game.

The beauty of the E is that it is NOT a truck (more a UPS delivery van on steroids)

Lowering the E will add to its utility since you will be able to enjoy driving it and schlepp all your gear with U.

Of course will the car ride like crap if you get wheels with a different offset.

suspension mods are a tricky game, but if done right DO drastically improve the vehicles performance (think about it the E is basically a CRV which is basically a Civic and look what can be done there)

I think adjustable coilovers and a moderat drop will do the job and give you flexibility for wintertires etc.

Turtle show us your ride when U r done.

:)

chill guys

G

·
Registered
204 Posts
Limited only by money and time, Elements can go in many directions. I did consider 18" wheels, but in the end, I decided that was not where I wanted to go with my Element.

Later today, I am replacing the stock tires with 235/70R-16 Michelin Cross Terrain SUV tires, which will make my Element *truck/SUV* more beefy looking. I also removed the badging from the rear. I also plan to add some sort of screening in front of the unprotected radiator section in the grill.

I do like the 18" wheels that apposite put on their Element. I am just choosing a different route for mine.

The Escalade seems to be losing much steam as the truck of choice to the Hummer H2 in the East Bay, which sets the trends..

Peace,

-jdef

·
Registered
48 Posts
I keep hearing all this talk about how 18's would look great :( . 18's would look ok. Now 20's, or 22's :shock: . That's Great :lol: . I'm not putting anything smaller than 20's on my E. You can get 20's cheap now. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally some real men come forward. :D :D

Rock on dude 22 :twisted: all the way and some sick groundeffects new headlights and the Baby becomes a real head turner.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A BLACK E & INSTALLED 20 INCH ALLOYS AND 35 SERIES TIRES. I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE GOING WITH A 40 SERIES TIRE INSTEAD IT FILLS OUT THE WHEEL WELLS BETTER. IT RIDES & HANDLES EXCELLENT WITH THE 20'S. I BELIEVE BUT AN NOT SURE IF 22'S WOULD FIT.

·
Registered
493 Posts
GMan.........obviously, you have had a lot of time on your hands, however, some of those are absolutely unreal!!! WOW!

·
Registered
12 Posts
how about this?

these are 18" rims and 235/60 r18 tires....photoshopped of course, but only the rim style....this image used to be a SOP element or different 5 star rims.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just a question for the seasoned. Wouldn't changing the tires to larger rims, alter the center of gravity and negatively effect handling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Hondaman

U rock,!!!!! can you get a pix of your ride and share it with the rest of the gang.???

40 sidewall seems to cut it close if U wanna lower the pimpin ride

but must work great on the stock shocks.

Respect

G

PS::::

Nat

the wheel might be bigger (not much look at the sidewall!!!) but U eliminate Body roll with the stiffer tire.... equals better ride.....

·
Advertiser/Technical Writer
153 Posts
I think the E would look great either up or down. Big wheels or fatty tires. It can play both roles with ease.

I think the real question is, who will do it first? I think big wheels (17"+) are an easy upgrade and look great with or without lowering it.

It really is a great looking ride.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will be starting to mod mine up real soon. The first thing I do will be custom grill. E's rule !

I have not decided to go up (off raod style) or down (strret race style) lol
I already have a fast strret truck so I am leaning towards the off road look.
but I guess I have time to think about that ....man, I can't wait till some companys start making after market stuff for us!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am thinking about going up with mine. I know BFGOODRICH makes a mud terrian and super swamper make tires the same size as what come stock with a 16" rim. So for now I am thinking about just going with the stock size now and lift it when the kit comes out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts