Honda Element Owners Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
is that one of those that goes down neer the road to pick up hot air off the road? ever seen the hot air riseing off the road?walk barefoot on a hot road,evean at night the road holds a lot of heat.& you cant trust the dyno figures on this stuff,ever seen a dyno that has a hot road under it the same as your actual driving conditions? think about it. I did the machine work on a guys ford(302,5.0) that used one of those,went through a puddle,busted(cracked)4 cylinders when it got a good gulp of water. the one that goes in the fender probly makes more power& wont do that. just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There are plenty of people running the Injen CAI. It sits just under the headlight, your not gonna need a bypass at all unless you plan to go in 2 feet of water. The heat off the road wont even touch it, that is probably the last air that will get too it. It is at a position where no engine heat will get to the filter but engine heat will get to the pipe. As far as dyno numbers. If it was not dyno'd with a huge fan in front of it, your getting stale are movement, when your in motion, you are getting a cooler air charge than you would with a stock or short ram intake getting air from the engine bay. Sorry Marksbug to hear about the 302, but the filter obviously was placed in the wrong position, and if you read most manufactures notes, its says to stay away from puddles or water. Most manufactures take into consideration of all weather conditions, I will not vouch for ebay knock off crap.

Also, Injen does not stock a part they only sell 1 or 2 of a month.
Later
steve

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm so i was bored today and ecided to check my bank account and all the money i spent on the CAI is back in my account. Like WTFFF. Does t his mean i have to reorder is or just wait? maan why is this so difficult :x

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
is that one of those that goes down neer the road to pick up hot air off the road? ever seen the hot air riseing off the road?walk barefoot on a hot road,evean at night the road holds a lot of heat.& you cant trust the dyno figures on this stuff,ever seen a dyno that has a hot road under it the same as your actual driving conditions? think about it. I did the machine work on a guys ford(302,5.0) that used one of those,went through a puddle,busted(cracked)4 cylinders when it got a good gulp of water. the one that goes in the fender probly makes more power& wont do that. just something to think about.
You ever try walking on an engine after its been running for about an hour?

·
Registered
557 Posts
You ever try walking on an engine after its been running for about an hour?
Every day I try that... I have running engine blocks instead of pavement to get from my driveway to my front door. Every single time I keep forgetting to put cement there, because they really are hot, but silly me, I just keep walking across those hot engine blocks... :D

I don't know which would be hotter, the engine? or the road?

Seriously though, I don't like the idea of CAI's, that's why I stick to the shorter ones and just block them into their own "engine bay space" so that they suck air from the back of the wheel well, way behind the engine. I've seen a few people get a car hydrolocked just from driving through shallow mud with a CAI, the mud got stuck to the filter and the filter was sucking all the water out of it and the engine was toast.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You can always get a $20 k&n waterproof sleeve, still lets air through just not water, used to run them on my quad, they make them for cars. Just a idea, thats what I run on my camaro on long trips, and also, i dont take my street cars through mud, lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hmmm so i was bored today and ecided to check my bank account and all the money i spent on the CAI is back in my account. Like WTFFF. Does t his mean i have to reorder is or just wait? maan why is this so difficult :x
no, they authorized your card when you ordered. Since it will take some time, the authorization fell off and was added back. They'll charge you when it ships.

·
Registered
557 Posts
MY Weapon took forever to make, even though they said they had it... I guess they all just start as the tube, but it seems like only a one day project, you just bend it in the shape it needs to be, then weld the nipples on and get holes set in for the sensors and tubes near the throttle body. I don't know. it just seems liek it wouldn't take that long.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Devastating email received today.

Hi Boris. Injen has informed me that your #1727BLK will not ship until early next week due to the holiday. I will get you a tracking # when I can. Thank you.

Bestinauto.com blows

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Devastating email received today.

Hi Boris. Injen has informed me that your #1727BLK will not ship until early next week due to the holiday. I will get you a tracking # when I can. Thank you.

Bestinauto.com blows
STOP WHINING AND WAIT FOR THE GOD DAMN THING. At least they are trying their best in making you happy.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Grow up, it is not their fault, go onto summitracing.com, they show a 3.5 week shipping time, its not the retailers, its injen, think before you cry out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.