Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wideangle stick on sideview mirrors I've seen are really crappy. Does anyone have a source for a good one?

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:4706eb1831="Cameraman"]The wideangle stick on sideview mirrors I've seen are really crappy. Does anyone have a source for a good one?[/quote:4706eb1831]
I had the same dilemma, all looked cheeezy. Even the rectangular ones are cheap looking. Ended up putting on the 3" circle one. After reading how to properly adjust stock mirrors to minimize blind spot I removed the convex spots. that was the long answer for no.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aren't both door mirrors the same shape and size: in other words aren't
they identical shapes and thus interchangeable?...Why not buy an 'extra'
passenger Wide Angle door mirror and install it upside down on the driver's
side? If the swap can be (easily) done, the only potential downside I can
imagine is when one of the mounted constabulary decides it's time for a chat, might it not be noticeably odd that there's not only writing on the
mirror but that the writing's UPSIDE DOWN?..and mighten there not be a
little potential legal issue there?
But hey, like the wise man said many times: Life is short, but it's all there!!
Cheers, Tim B. - SF Bay Area

·
Registered
168 Posts
i ended up following someone's advice here and put the little rectangular mirrors in the lower outside corner of the mirrors ( actually i have only done the passengers side hope to do driver's on weekend ). the mirrors had instructions for placement on the lower inside, but i figured it would be better on outside...

they had a cheesie double-sided tape affair to attach but i wanted to supplement so i used silicone caulking around the inside edges to give a more professional look and to keep 'stuff' out from the area where the plastic housing of the mirroor and element glass meet.

because the little mirrors are adjustable i placed on a slight downward angle so water could drain....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts