Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching all morning and can't find a definitive answer.

I have a friend with a set of 20x9.5 +40mm offset wheels (luckily for me not big chrome things). I'll need tires and to swap over my tpms but wanted to find out if they would fit before buying them. I can't test fit as the wheels are not local.

All of the threads I've found talk about 20x9.5 but people either don't know their offset, aren't saying, or have heavily modified the suspension and fenders to get them to fit. I don't intend to do any of that. The suspension will stay stock, but I don't to buy the rims and then spend another $1k on tires to find out they rub.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
They would fit but stick out horribly in the front, I think wheels that stick out unless on a huge 4x4 looks like hell, just my opinion. I have 20x8.5" with a 40 and they sit flush with the fenders up front and 3/4" in on the back, see if you can do 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears for a staggered look, that would be sweetness!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Insane. I'll see if I can get some 20x8.5's instead.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ive got 20x9.5s all around. The tread of the tire is within the body lines. Unfortunately I dont know the offset but it might be in the 30s. The offset is pushed to the limit because I cant get a business card to slide between the lip of the rim and lower spring perch but I have no rubbing issues at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts