Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup....just be careful

I know this is an old thread but....

My husband fit his friend's sport bike in our E just fine.....just watch the windshield.

When he was either loading it or unloading it he somehow bumped the rear hatch dome light and broke the switch so that it could no longer be turned on. This was irritating because you really only remember that it's broken....when you need to use it, at night......when there's no place open that can fix it..... ::grumble::

he said his friend has pix somewhere....no idea where though...but sport bikes do fit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a Honda XR-100 in mine. no problem. i just had to compress the forks a liitle to clear the door. i put a Carter MiniTalon go kart in it too. i had to turn it on its side and let the air out the tires but it fit. here's a pic of the go kart. i didnt get one of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Motorbike in the back of an Element...who has done it?

Ok, so I don't have a pick up truck...and I LOVE my element.

I've got a motorcycle (1989 Honda CB1 below) that I need to put in the back of my 08 Element EX AWD.

Has anyone done this before?

How did you do it? Do you have any photos?

The biggest thing I've had in my Element was a 1982 Honda ATC200 Trike. It fit great with the rear 2 seats removed. I've also had a smaller 1985 Honda ATC125M that fit with no problem.

The bike on the other hand is much longer and heavier than the trike. Approx dimensions are...
80" Long
28" Wide (without handlebars I assume)
42" High (approx, to top of controls)

To make matter even more interesting, I'll have a passenger with me as well...so

I could remove the rear right seat and front passenger seat to allow a nice long access for the bike to fit. I may or may not have to remove the front tire from the bike to do this. Remove the handlebar so it is not as wide. My passenger could then still sit in the left side rear seat.

Do you guys think there is enough for the bike to clear with only one of the 2 seats removed?

Hoping someone can offer some advice!

·
Registered
62 Posts
well, looks like it can be done.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17235&highlight=spiderman

From the photos, they fit a Yamaha R1 in WITH the front seat still installed...and it appears that I could still get my passenger to sit where in the other back seat (looks like there is still room)

Sound fair to say?

The CB1 is about the same size (if not smaller) than the R1, so I should be good to go!

·
Registered
62 Posts
ramblerdan, thanks for merging threads.

My 1989 Honda CB1 has a wheelbase of only 54", so I should have no problem fitting it in by the sounds of it.

I'll make sure to take photos when I'm done.

And, I'll make sure to put a sheet of 3/4" plywood down as well as not to damage the floor.

The passenger seat will stay in (push it all the way ahead), and also leave the left rear passenger seat. I'll remove the right rear passenger seat and then it appears it should fit just fine!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
114 Posts
A Honda on a Honda and one inside too!

Went on a grass cutting mission to the eastern side of the state yesterday and bungeed the Honda string trimmer to the rack and stuffed our Honda riding mower in the back. Mission complete and no damage to the E.

and no, I didn't ride the mower into the back.;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
FYI, a YZ250 will NOT fit in the back of an emelent and still be able to close the hatch. :D bike broke, and i had to pack it out without my versahauler since i had to do some gnarly off roading to access the bike. hahaha!

·
Registered
804 Posts
^^ Nice way to improvise ! Brings back some good memories of my MX days :grin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's pretty impressive!
My brother-in-law picked up a foldable bike trailer to haul his track bike around with instead of stuffing it into the back of his E. It would probably fit, but for him it's easier to just keep it on the trailer when not at a track.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I will be attempting to squeeze my 1970 bultaco matador into the back of my lovely wife's element one of these coming weekends. This thread has been a big help!!

I'll be sure to post pics :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Stuffed my 1970 bultaco matador in the back of my wife's element this weekend.

First I tried a trailer. There was nothing to ratchet the bike to, as my father in law modified it with high plywood sides. Ripper decided to come and help me out-

I had to loosen the bars to get it to fit, but other than that, it fit great. I could even close the bottom of the tailgate, had to bungee the top gate

Great success!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Ah Bultaco. They used to say that their seals were made from congealed goat's milk and the bearings from the finest mahogany available.:-D

I had two of them. Great scooters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will it fit? Another Ducati Monster success story!

Had some mechanical problems with my Ducati last night while running around. Had to park it. Picked it up today with the help of my friend Jonathan and my Element! I knew the bike was supposed to fit and that was one of the reasons I wanted an E so bad. IT FITS WITH ROOM TO SPARE! The Ducati fit with driver and passenger, both rear seats still installed, 2 guitars, 2 folded up aluminium ramps, and more!

Just another testament to the awesomeness of the Honda Element and how perfect it is for us Motorcyclists!

A couple of notes before you go doing it...

-I used the same handles the rear seats are attached to in the back, and the back seatbelts to attach the tie-downs to. (see photo)

-reinforce the floor with some sort of support if you can. (plywood or something) The cover over the spare tire space gives a little bit, so spreading the load over a piece of wood would be smart.

-If you remove the (poor excuse of a ) center console you can get an extra few inches between the front seats instead of trying to keep the front tire behind the passenger seat.

-THERE IS A WEIGHT LIMIT on the tailgate (just over 400 lbs?) and the Element in general (in the manual somewhere...). We sportbike guys have an advantage of our bikes being made to be as light weight as possible... sorry cruisers. You half-ton guys might just need to invest in a trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well done look like a perfect fit

Had some mechanical problems with my Ducati last night while running around. Had to park it. Picked it up today with the help of my friend Jonathan and my Element! I knew the bike was supposed to fit and that was one of the reasons I wanted an E so bad. IT FITS WITH ROOM TO SPARE! The Ducati fit with driver and passenger, both rear seats still installed, 2 guitars, 2 folded up aluminium ramps, and more!

Just another testament to the awesomeness of the Honda Element and how perfect it is for us Motorcyclists!

A couple of notes before you go doing it...

-I used the same handles the rear seats are attached to in the back, and the back seatbelts to attach the tie-downs to. (see photo)

-reinforce the floor with some sort of support if you can. (plywood or something) The cover over the spare tire space gives a little bit, so spreading the load over a piece of wood would be smart.

-If you remove the (poor excuse of a ) center console you can get an extra few inches between the front seats instead of trying to keep the front tire behind the passenger seat.

-THERE IS A WEIGHT LIMIT on the tailgate (just over 400 lbs?) and the Element in general (in the manual somewhere...). We sportbike guys have an advantage of our bikes being made to be as light weight as possible... sorry cruisers. You half-ton guys might just need to invest in a trailer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd put in my two cents. I had luck getting in my mom's dirt bike by removing the spare wheel and cover. The issue I was having was the height of the handlebars, even with completely compressing the front shocks. But by removing the spare wheel fom the E, I was able to get the front low enough to get the handlebars in without disassembling the bike. Plus, the rear hatch closed completely! The bike is a shorter trail bike than most (CRF230), but maybe this methoud will help somebody down the road.

-Cheers!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts