·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
you betcha

Where theres a will, theres a way!!!
If you read the original thread you will realize that this was a bit of a challenge.

·
Registered
15 Posts
twin set fits easily

push the front passenger seat all the way up with seat back forward. take the back seats out. put mattress in first, on an angle from the back of the front passenger seat to the rear corner driver's side. put box spring in next right up against mattress. close clam shells and you're good to go. there's room for headboard and frame, too.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've hauled a twin sized bed with the back open. So, it sorta fits. You should have a box/tube/package of bungie hooks, if not get some, they'll come in handy. Use them to secure the bed in the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know I'm posting in a 6+ year old thread, but I was actually asking this question and not finding an actual answer. Measuring it, I knew it would most likely fit. I only needed to transport a mattress from the store to the house, no box spring.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here it is. This mattress was measured at 10" thick, 38" Wide 74.5" Length. I moved the front passenger seat all the way forward and folded up the back seats. The mattress was not bent in any way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh I have roof rack. I tend to believe that not shoving a ridiculously large item into the Element when given the chance/challenge is a crime. I love the look on some people's faces when I did it with a few flatscreens without having to remove the box or tilt it, a central A/C unit, a love seat, 9 people piled up to get to the slopes, so many moments!

·
Registered
1 Posts
twin set fits easily

push the front passenger seat all the way up with seat back forward. take the back seats out. put mattress in first, on an angle from the back of the front passenger seat to the rear corner driver's side. put box spring in next right up against mattress. close clam shells and you're good to go. there's room for headboard and frame, too.
When you say, "take the back seats OUT," do you mean fold them up and out of the way? My seats don't come completely out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you say, "take the back seats OUT," do you mean fold them up and out of the way? My seats don't come completely out.
Correct me if mi wrong but im very sure every element's back seats do come out. Here is a youtube video I found in 2 seconds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts