Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to buy the sidesteps on handa, then I saw the 09's and thought that would visually fit my car better.

So, would they fit?

Anyone have more pics of the 09 sidesteps on their car?

·
Registered
70 Posts
From what I have seen, the 09s will not fit anything else. Must have made some changes to the mounting holes in the frame.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have seen, the 09s will not fit anything else. Must have made some changes to the mounting holes in the frame.
Noooooo, any more confirmation of this? :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hope you're right - it was a post here on the EOC that said they wouldn't fit - might want to check with H&A, they would know.

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts
I hope you're right - it was a post here on the EOC that said they wouldn't fit - might want to check with H&A, they would know.

Pictures don't lie. Two SC's both 2007's with the 2009 style bars on them.

No need for me too check with H&A i have all the same info that they have about accessories at my finger tips.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the 09 steps will fit anything 08 and under (even SC's). Mounting hasn't change except the 09 bars use 2 mounting points (front and back) as opposed to the 03-08 bars (which don't fit SC's due to side sill clearance, rubbing) use 3 mounting points (front center back).

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
the 09 steps will fit anything 08 and under (even SC's). Mounting hasn't change except the 09 bars use 2 mounting points (front and back) as opposed to the 03-08 bars (which don't fit SC's due to side sill clearance, rubbing) use 3 mounting points (front center back).
I hope to prove your statement soon. My car is in the shop to be fixed due to an accident that damaged my sidesteps. I asked the shop to order the 09 steps to put on there. :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I asked H&A and was told no........he had them side by side.....I believe I spoke to Trevor.

Let me know what side got damaged snuff, I need a passenger side replacement for my 06.

Pat

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I asked H&A and was told no........he had them side by side.....I believe I spoke to Trevor.

Let me know what side got damaged snuff, I need a passenger side replacement for my 06.

Pat
Hi Pat,

I was hit on the driver's side. The step on the passenger side is undamaged.

The plan is, if the 09's fit, then both sides will be replaced since the look of the 09's are drastically different and are black. If the 09's do not fit, then on the driver's side will be replaced.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
thank you sir..........just let me know & I'll take it!
Almost forgot, FYI my original sidesteps are painted black with spray on bed liner. I don't know if you want to keep it black or not. I am not familiar enough with the spray on bed liner to know if it can be easily removed.

Posted pics of the damaged side in this thread. You can see the color of the sidestep.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Snuff, no sweat.......I planned on painting mine anyway before one got damaged........ I already picked up more spray bedliner!! Pat

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Will the 09 sidesteps fit an 04 EX and other mysteries of the Universe

I finally got my car back from the shop after having sent it in to have the damages from my accident (accident discussed in this thread) fixed. There are a few issues still with it so it is going back next week, but at least I will have it for the weekend.

The paint looked like a match at first, but when viewed in direct sunlight, it is noticeably different. The insurance refused to pay for the damage to my left rear OEM alloy wheel. The rear plastic panel with the opening for the gas tank is not seated properly so it bulges out with the door of the tank "sunk in". I hope to get everything taken cared of next week.

So on to the 09 sidesteps. Will they fit an 04 EX?

I had asked the shop to get the 09 sidesteps set for me to replace the 05-08 set that were on my 04 E. THE SET FITS!!! :D

The 09 steps are squarish in appearance, not rounded as in older models. They stick out a little further (at least they seem that way to me) and they also have only two mounting points. Because of this, along with the fact that my E doesn't have the wider rocker panels of the newer E's, there seems to be a lot of empty space between the steps and the side of the car.

Here some pictures to illustrate the difference. The pics of the 09 steps are a little dark. They were taken late yesterday after I had picked up the car and the sun was already going beddy-bye. I'll take better pics in daytime later.

Pics of the 05-08 steps on the 04 EX:
PIC-0046.jpg

PIC-0047.jpg

Pics of the 09 steps on the 04 EX:
IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

As for the rest of the universe, well everybody knows the answer is 42. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great! I know what I'm getting. I like the boxy look of the sidestep, matches the e.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
dam just when I thought I was finished moding LOL

·
Registered
67 Posts
'09 side step question

I tried searching but couldn't find anything on this. I like the 2009 Sidesteps on HandA basically because they are all black. My problem is I have a 2007. Is there any chance these would fit on my car or no? I have no idea soo any help would be great! thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts