Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
It should fit since the 09's share the same engine with the 07-08's plus the MAF sensor hookups. Although not officially supported by Injen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No rice-a-roni planned... just trying to get better MPG from the get go!

Is it pretty loud?

Thanks,

Moises

·
Registered
106 Posts
The intake will give a nice growl at wide open throttle, but it's pretty quiet for the most part.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!, any recommended vendor/sponsor to purchase the Injen from?, the best price I've seen online is about $295.

I've read on the forum about a couple guys locking up their motors after driving through some water... I live in Milwaukee, with lots of snow, slush, etc.... wonder if I will get my filter frozen up and choke the engine of air!

I did send an e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] with no reply so far.

Wonder if the different placement of the fog lights, etc on the 2009 could have an effect on it.

Anybody actually measure any increase in MPG's after installing the injen?

Thanks,:confused:

Moises

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks!, any recommended vendor/sponsor to purchase the Injen from?, the best price I've seen online is about $295.

I've read on the forum about a couple guys locking up their motors after driving through some water... I live in Milwaukee, with lots of snow, slush, etc.... wonder if I will get my filter frozen up and choke the engine of air!

I did send an e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] with no reply so far.

Wonder if the different placement of the fog lights, etc on the 2009 could have an effect on it.

Anybody actually measure any increase in MPG's after installing the injen?

Thanks,:confused:

Moises
Injen refuses to answer emails, they are pretty pathetic in that aspect. You can install it as a true CAI or as a short RAM. If you have worries about water, leave out one of the tubes and you won't have a problem. However, many doubt how effective it is to pull air from within the engine compartment. I am of the opinion that while driving, air is freely flowing through the engine compartment and the air isn't as home as many think. But I can see how certain situations will cause hotter air to be the only option for a short RAM. Make sure there is a cutout to allow the tube to pass through and behind the fogs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basset Box,

Hmm.. not so sure exactly what you mean by "Make sure there is a cutout to allow the tube to pass through and behind the fogs". My car does not have fogs installed, it's a whole different set up with the 2009 new front bumper.

Do you have a picture of your installation to illustrate the point?

Thanks,

Moises

How do you like the Injen yourself?, big difference?, better MPG?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Basset Box,

Hmm.. not so sure exactly what you mean by "Make sure there is a cutout to allow the tube to pass through and behind the fogs". My car does not have fogs installed, it's a whole different set up with the 2009 new front bumper.

Do you have a picture of your installation to illustrate the point?

Thanks,

Moises

How do you like the Injen yourself?, big difference?, better MPG?
It seems you may have answered your own question if the setup is entirely different. I do not have a picture but I have seen a few one here that show what I am trying to describe. To the right of the battery there is a hole, about 12" square. It is on the right fender area. That is the hole that the Injen pipe passes through. Then it points down and winds up behind the fog lights. If the engine area is the same as the 07 and 08, then you can always use it as a short RAM and won't be buying a product you can't use.

I got mine for 249 on ebay. The seller also has a site and sells it for the same price on there. PM me if you need the seller ID.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Injen

I have an 09 E. Rather than go with a CAI or a short ram, just decided a K&N filter. Waiting for official fit check before installing any air induction on a 09. There are some good units out there, no company has taken the time on an 09 E.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Basset Box-
So your saying you can buy the Injen CAI, and if something doesn't work out you can eliminate a tube and just install it as a Short Ram?
Also could you send me that eBay seller ID that you got yours from? Thats a great price! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If I could get my lazy buddy to get on here, the intake will fit but you have to make a small bracket extension to get it to drop down and inch or so. It too him some time to make it work but it does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts