Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new owner here of an element but im already thinking about upgrading the wheels and tires. currently got the factory wheels 215/70/16. I havent picked a style yet for the wheels and tires but I know exactly the size I want. here goes: wheels 20 x 8 and tires 255/45/20. my question is will it work. i dont want to modify and mess with the suspension. just take the old ones off and slap the new ones on. please help. thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That is a little large in diameter, and being that you have a auto trans, I do not recommend that size tire. Putting too large or too small of a tire on AT cars, puts wear on them due to they are designed with certain gear ratios and shift points for the stock diameter, once you change the diam over a manufacture's 1.2%, it hurt the trans and voids warranties.

Go with a 245/40/20 on the 20x8, its perfect in diameter and has a great tire to wheel width ratio for a great ride and handling. Look into the general uhp's, they are about $127 a tire.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Insane SC! well I just came back from a tire and wheel place in town with my new shoes. I absoulutely love my wheels and im starting to get some great complimemts. I went with 20 x 8.5 Akuza Big Papi +35 MM and 245/40/20 Kumho Ecsta Spt tires. sorry about the bright pics, its very sunny down here in FL :)

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
New Shoe's

Those tires and wheels look great! Heading down to FLA in about ten days. Going to Pembroke Pines, you any where close to there. Than going up to Clearwater and Treasure Island. Going to be about a ten day road trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts