Dom

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,521 Posts
I plan on joining Honda's Million Mile Club with mine..... :shock:8):razz::razz:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I can only hope my E lasts this long !!

This is an unusual love story involving an 89-year-old woman and her beloved Chariot. The two have been together for decades and traveled more than 540,000 miles across this nation's highways and side streets.

Dom

Which still brings the same age old question: Why do they call them "chariots" if you drive them standing up?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
What is cool is that when she bought brakes, battery, exhaust system, etc... she always bought the "life time warranty".:grin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Civic is up to 160,000+ and I haven't changed the oil, filters, plugs or anything for the last 4 years. I was intending to drive it into the ground and then get a new car, but it just won't die.

I have now decided to just get a new car. Probably an E, but a Dodge/Mercedes Sprinter with a TDI motor is also a serious contender for my next vehicle. Numerous ones gone over 500,000 miles, one is up to over 800,000 and still going stong on the same drivetrain. 300k miles is nothing for that motor and for the size (you can make the extra long version a family motorhome lol), it gets about 25MPG and has a 600mile range.

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/vsmc/vehicleSpecModels.do?modelYearCode=CUD200920

It's a Mercedes Benz rebadge as a Dodge or Freightline to sell in the US when MB owned Chrysler...or other way around. This year, it's going back to being badge as MB.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
If you drive and care for your car as carefully as that 89 year young lady, there's no reason why an Element shouldn't hold up for 500,000 miles.

The problem will be the cost and availability of gasoline. When she got her car gas was under $0.35/gallon. By the time most of us have 10 year old Elements, gas will be closer to $3.50/gallon.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
By the time most of us have 10 year old Elements, gas will be closer to $3.50/gallon.
There were many of us with brand new Elements paying $4/gal for their first fill up!

I hear what your saying though....I'll check back in another 400k miles.
I'm expecting the biggest difficulties I'll have will be parts availability and rust/corrosion. Hopefully it won't be cost prohibitive to replace certain components, especially electronic/computer stuff. I plan on doing my best.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
My Civic is up to 160,000+ and I haven't changed the oil, filters, plugs or anything for the last 4 years. I was intending to drive it into the ground and then get a new car, but it just won't die.
My brother used to care for his cars that way. Just drive them till they wouldn't start anymore or the engine froze up and then go get another one.
He has matured over the years and even has a PHD. Still takes care of his cars the same way, but he owns a Civic now;-)
Oh and Sunny hit 100,000 miles on Tuesday this week:grin:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
My brother used to care for his cars that way. Just drive them till they wouldn't start anymore or the engine froze up and then go get another one.
He has matured over the years and even has a PHD. Still takes care of his cars the same way, but he owns a Civic now;-)
Oh and Sunny hit 100,000 miles on Tuesday this week:grin:
I hit 53,000 miles and had brake fluid, tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, coolant, oil, blinker fluid, and flux capacitor changed yesterday.

Drives like a new car! And the blinkers are extra shiny and fast now! This weekend on the interstate I'll see if I can get 'er up to 88 mph 8) :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I saw that a few months ago and she said that she wants to donate it to a Museum after she dies. Goes to show how they were built back then. Tecnoligy as made it that cars will run longer and get more milage but will they last as long.:)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts