Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Chronicling my plans, mods, and adventures in the Wims-E Wagon.

I just picked up my 2008 EX AWD on Saturday in Las Vegas and drove it home today to California. Right now it's Red Tango Pearl, but I've got lot of changes in mind. Looking forward to sharing the progress from "Factory Standard" to "Mine".

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Welcome Boxy! We will need to see pics for now, during, and after. Any & all.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Gyps-E Camper 2008 EX AWD

I knew I wanted to color change my E from the get-go to make the ECamper less of a "mushroom top". Just got her back from the vinyl wrap shop and thought I'd share some photos.

Changing out the side markers for clear today.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Veddy nice. I drop off my E on Monday for my ecamper install. It will be plastic dipped after I pick it up on Friday.

How much was the wrap? Why did you decide on wrap vs plastic dip?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shopped around and the price for an E vinyl wrapped in 3M 1080 or Avery runs consistently at $1600 in Northern California. I paid a bit more to add a second gloss layer to the matte vinyl I chose.

I haven't liked the plasti dip long term results that I've seen first hand. That said, there are some areas that are extremely difficult to wrap where dip is going to work better: I'm looking at you ridiculously deep door handles.

In the end it was the installer, not the medium, that made the decision. I found shop nearby with great customer service and quality of work that I know they will stand behind should any problems arise.

Someday I want to paint and get my VW "Velvet Green" but I can't justify that cost right now. I view this as a short-term "fun" that keeps the factory finish intact.

·
Registered
777 Posts
It's elefant's twin! Lol ;)
Glad you're happy with your E. Here's to many more adventures.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
It might be your browser. Are you able to see the photos in the album on my profile?
Hey you guys, I cant see the photos either.
Checked for your album BoxyButGood, but don't see it on your profile.
Any ideas? Im using Firefox.

Its a shame because I really wanted to see your photos!!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts