Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finished my window coverings today. I used 1 25’ roll of reflectix from HD with nylon material spray glued on both sides. I chose grey for the interior side and black for the outer. I don’t like the way you can see the reflectix when it’s pressed Up against the window so I spray painted it flat black before I glued on the black nylon material just to get maximum stealthiness.😬

·
Registered
2008 silver/grey LX
56 Posts
Finished my window coverings today. I used 1 25’ roll of reflectix from HD with vinyl material spray glued on both sides. I chose grey for the interior side and black for the outer. I don’t like the way you can see the reflectix when it’s pressed Up against the window so I spray painted it flat black before I glued on the black vinyl material just to get maximum stealthiness.😬 View attachment 205070 View attachment 205071 View attachment 205072 View attachment 205073 View attachment 205074 View attachment 205075
Looks awesome!!

·
Registered
2007 Element EX, 250,000+ miles and still rolling
19 Posts
I'm looking to do this as well, but have a question - does painting the outside black/using black vinyl help to absorb more heat? Have you noticed any difference?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking to do this as well, but have a question - does painting the outside black/using black vinyl help to absorb more heat? Have you noticed any difference?
hey @jonersboners I haven’t tested it out in full sun yet. I can’t imagine it will make a huge difference. My motivation for paint/nylon was appearance and durability. My windows are completely blacked out from the outside instead of seeing the foil looking reflectix. I chose nylon since it should clean up a little better than regular fabric. (Im just now realizing in my original post I said vinyl instead of nylon😬)

·
Registered
2007 Element EX, 250,000+ miles and still rolling
19 Posts
Hey, thanks for answering! It looks really awesome, and makes me want to just do it already.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very nicely done! I made some with the same thinking, black out & gray inside. I like your idea of spraying them. I spent soooo many hours sewing mine together. A cool tip I learned was the back of the front seats have zippers & there is a huge hollow area inside them. I store all my window coverings in there when they aren't being used.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very nice and detailed looking compared to the unlined ones I've made for mine. As far as camping, mine don't fit quite that precisely, and several times if it's cooler outside at night, the windows will fog up from the breath condensation and temperature difference. But the privacy aspect is worth it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks really neat and well-finished. Could you say more please about the nylon material and the adhesive you used? How you attach them to the windows?

·
Registered
'07 EX, RT4WD, General Grabbers, 3" HRG Engineering lift, Skid Plate Guy E KIT
10 Posts
Those look great, and I really like the way you built your bed to cover the front seat as well, I am a NEW owner and have been watching all the videos on how to build a bed, but I thought it would make more sense to do it the way you’ve done it. Unfortunately I hadn’t seen any one else doing it so I was going to design my own system, but now I’ve seen yours and the template is already created, thank you.
Any chance you created a good set of window patterns that you have considered selling? It would certainly save a ton of tedious labor for the rest of us and put a little Ching in your pocket to boot.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Element
196 Posts
i’ve never been able to get my front seats down that far... (2010, back seats have been out forever)

·
Registered
2010 Honda Element EX alabaster
103 Posts
Very nice and detailed looking compared to the unlined ones I've made for mine. As far as camping, mine don't fit quite that precisely, and several times if it's cooler outside at night, the windows will fog up from the breath condensation and temperature difference. But the privacy aspect is worth it.
that's why i put a dometic rv fan vent on top! ...with a cover so you can't tell if it's open or if it rains nothing gets in..etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts