Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, I would like to have some advice on my problem from these all-known community.
Problem: suddenly my drivers window in my 2003 EX AWD does not react anymore. Passenger side is no problem. Reading this forum I found some very good threads. So I removed the door panel and tried to see if there was 12V on the connection to the windowmotor. I found some, but in fact I did not know what and where to look exactly. (is there a complete wiring diagram available?)
anyway, moving the switch in the up position gave a clicking noise in the door - logic, cause the window is closed and cannot go any further; the down position does not give any reaction at all.
As far as I can feel inside the door the steel wiring is still ok.
can I presume that:
- all fuses are OK, because I hear the clicking
- could it be the motor, or are there other connections to check?

I really want to diagnose the problem properly before ordering a new part, because having an Element in Europe means that the part will be send to a shipping adress in USA which ships it to my home - and that costs a lot of extra money (- not worth spilling it, it is just htat I am happy to pay it for the fun driving an Element :-D)

thanks for your help!
Herman

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I would use some test leads to apply power directly to the motor and see if the window goes up and down. If it does, then your switch may be bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the part # and description for what you need:

72250-SCV-A02 Honda REGULATOR ASSY., L. FR. DOOR POWER

I paid around $100 shipped several months back for this part.

The clicking you hear inside the door is the broken regulator spinning/trying to spin. This is another of the often seen E issues, you will find several threads about it. Be careful when driving around waiting on your part to show up, as your window can come down on you without warning. Not sure of the weather where you are but you could end up with a wet/cold commute if that happens.

:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advices! In the end I succeeded to apply some 12V to the window and it worked, and after disconnecting the plug from the switches it seemed to have power, so I ordered a new switch which is now stuck in a storm at your eastcoast - over here it is just rainy and not freezing cold as it should be, thanks /\/\ the window stopped working in a closed situation :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just another question after installing the new switch

and to update: finally my switch arrived - so when I mounted it the window went up and down as usual. Only the automatic function does not work - should there be a reset or something? I have to keep the button pressed to lower or rise the window on the drivers side and the push and go function has disappeared - any tip would be appreciated!;-)
Herman

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A thread-title search for keyword "window" returns this relevant thread: Driver's window auto up/down function inoperative after battery disconnect

Also, 2003 owner's manual (U.S.), page 105.
thanks for this quick reply, I knew there was something |I remembered vaguely from reading through the (digital) manual but I should have done this first, I mean RTFM I'm sorry. - it is in fact amazing how different european and american cars are regarding the way they are customised - f.e. the close button on the remote which beeps the horn on second press, this learning trick for the windows - I am curious what I'll meet more :razz: : but: Still very happy with my Element! (even when our gasoline price is around $ 2/liter)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CONTINUING STORY: ....but whatever I did: how long I held the knob down or up after opening or closing my drivers window: no auto function does start...
it isn't the weirdest of things, I still drive around as usual, but there is a little nagging in my head which says that it should work as Honda designed it....
BUT I don't know where to start now. Check that memory, where should I begin? Any directions appreciated, I have a screwdriver and I am not afraid to use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts