Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Everyone,

Lately my window has been freezing up (not sub-zero temps, teens/20s). I used to have an Accord I parked in the same place as the Element and its power windows only wouldn't work when it was very, very cold rather than cold (and this will make sense to those who live in a frigid climate, I hope!).

I quit trying to 'force' it down because I don't want to harm the motor. I can hear the motor, but it just won't budge the window. And from what I can see the ice has been scraped off well.

Anything suggestions on this one? Is there something I'm missing 'scraping' that is different from the Accord?

Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
mee too

I scrape all the way to the weatherseal on the bottom and all the way to the edges.

Once in a while I might need to give the windo a thump with the palm of my hand to knock loose any extra ice I can't see. Once I do this it works just fine.

It is a little sensative going up and I'm sure that's bvecause of the "no pinch" saftey feature on these cars. Seems to work just fine once all the ice is clear.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I scrape all the way to the weatherseal on the bottom and all the way to the edges.

Once in a while I might need to give the windo a thump with the palm of my hand to knock loose any extra ice I can't see. Once I do this it works just fine.

It is a little sensative going up and I'm sure that's bvecause of the "no pinch" saftey feature on these cars. Seems to work just fine once all the ice is clear.
Awesome. I'll try to get in there better and the bit of a thump next time.

Didn't know about the no pinch thing!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Why no pinch?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I miss winter in Chicago. :sad: And people who can define cold as 20s and cold cold as below zero-- not this cali cold of "anytime I cant wear shorts and a tee shirt outside is cold":rolleyes:

I dont think I ever rolled down my windows when it was cold cold in chicago, so I have no answer for your question... 8)

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts