Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are people using to clean their glass(inside&out)?

Lots of posts about cleaning the inside and outside, but haven't come across anything about glass.

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Whatever you do, don't use any window cleaner with Ammonia in it. That's what turns the aftermarket tint BLUE!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Window Cleaner

I swear by Stoner's Invisible Glass. You can find it at Walmart or order from Proper Auto Care. Always use two different microfiber cloths, one to scrub the window with the cleaner, and the second to buff it to a high shine. I never have a problem getting my windows clean with this method.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions.

I end up (at least temporarily) buying the Stoner glass cleaner, it's what they had at Autozone. I'll give the Sprayway product a try after I use up what I've got.

Thanks for the warning about the ammonia, don't have tinted windows, at least no more then what comes on an E from the factory. I've never been happy with ammonia based cleaners, but I thought those cleaners in the auto places were nothing more then glorified windex, boy was I wrong.

Mark

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I recently found Sprayway Glass Cleaner at Sam's Club and it works very well. Best I've used so far. You can order it online as well.
I've been using Sprayway glass cleaner for years,it's great stuff. It's also sold at Target and Walmart too.:)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The two cloths are important with any window cleaner. You really have to buff it clean with the finishing touch to keep the haze from forming. I use Simple Green for just about everything. It is good at cleaning the dog nose prints off the windows. I have used Stoner's products before and they are all great. If I have any good glass cleaner I will use that after the initial cleaning with the Simple Green.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I just bought a container of Invisible Glass wipes. One wipe will do most of the windows. No streaks, and no dist left behind either.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I just bought a container of Invisible Glass wipes. One wipe will do most of the windows. No streaks, and no dist left behind either.
I've had less than good results with Invisible Glass...at least the product that is from the aerosol can. It seem to produce haze/wipe marks within 48 hours no matter how much I buff.

Always heard good on the Stoners products...I think I'm headed that way next. (Good ole Windex in the meantime.)

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I like the products that you have all listed, but for the sake of your glass, use a soft cotton towel to rub/wipe the glass and stay away from paper towels. I have not found a paper towel on the planet that does not dispense some sort of residue to glass and defeats the purpose of cleaning the glass at all.

Also, for your interior, try and avoid the plastic protectants as they tend to evaporate when parked in the sun, and just end up on your glass too, and is a tough grease to remove from glass!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass 100%
inside/outside/tint awesome clean no matter where you use it!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I was running low on my Sprayway glass cleaner and while shopping at Sams Club the other day,I noticed they had a four pack of Sprayway for Five dollars and some change. Pretty good deal if you ask me.:cool: Oh and I'm sure alot of you guys know that Sams and Costco have great prices on microfiber towels too. I was about due for some fresh ones,so I bought two 24 bundles at nine dollars and some change each.:)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
IG user for years here. My tint shop used sprayway for a long time but has since switched to IG.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts