Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Honda owner, I bought 2006 E. back in October, loving it. Just have a question when I close the window it's make a kind of lound snap when at the end on the top.,is that normal ?
Thanks
Muffin;-)

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
If it's the drivers door window, it may make some noise as it enters the upper door channel seal, but I wouldn't characterize it as a snap.

If it's not the same noise that the passenger side window makes, the glass may not be mounted properly, or something in the lift mechanism may be loose or broken. Is there any evidence that the door was worked on or opened?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Club Muffin ?? !!

Now the Questions start.

Do you have Vent visors installed? How cold is it?

Dom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's the drivers door window, it may make some noise as it enters the upper door channel seal, but I wouldn't characterize it as a snap.

If it's not the same noise that the passenger side window makes, the glass may not be mounted properly, or something in the lift mechanism may be loose or broken. Is there any evidence that the door was worked on or opened?
Ok may be I shouldn't say snap it's a lound click.

I don't see any evidence that the door have been worked on.
Thank you for a very fast respound

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a 2006 LX. Both the driver and passenger powered windows have that loud POP, THUD, SNAP, whatever you want to call it. It has been like that since day 1. Car was bought new. Its louder than any car Honda or other card I have ever owned.

Any one else?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2006 LX. Both the driver and passenger powered windows have that loud POP, THUD, SNAP, whatever you want to call it. It has been like that since day 1. Car was bought new. Its louder than any car Honda or other card I have ever owned.

Any one else?
my it's 2006 LX also
may be it is a normal

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
What you are hearing is the auto relay tripping out if you are talking about the click right after the window seats in its seal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts