Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to have a winshield cover to keep the summer sun out, but none of the products on the market in Canada would come close to fitting. This one fits like it was custom made....well coz it waz :)

I simply went to my local lumber yard and got a 27inx60in piece of a product called airfoil shown here http://users.cwnet.com/~thall/insulato.htm

Then I made a paper template on the outside of the window as shown, then cut to fit.
That simple. It rolls up small when not in use and only cost me $5.50 Canadian dollars.

[/img]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never owned one of these sunscreens before. I can't beleive how much heat this thing reflects out. Sure made the ice in the cooler last a lot longer, not to mention the vehicle was never hot when it was time to go to sleep. This was a very worthwhile DIY project and was very simple.

I highly recommend buying the custom fit sunscreen seen offered for $39. Its well worth it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not only does it keep the interior cooler, it keeps the sun's damaging uv rays off of your dash. Since I've been using these screens (13 years) my dashes have stayed new looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts