Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTH! I was driving home tonight and noticed a line I thought was debris. Turned out to be a ginormous horizontal crack in my windshield! I never hit anything while driving and for the passed couple weeks, I've been hearing this insufferable ticking when I would be driving or turn the heater/defroster on. UGH! Am I gonna have to fork out for a new one? Insurance? Warranty?

There is no chip from like a rock hitting the windshield or anything, and its just boom, there.

Merry Christmas to me! :-D.........:x:x:x:x

·
Registered
549 Posts
its a common problem....I am on my third windshield already, and I have an 07. I have windshield insurance through Farmers, so all I need to pay is just $100 deductible...check with your insurance agent.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You insurance company may call this a claim and jack up your rates. The windshield is like $200-$250. I would just pay out of pocket when you have the cash. Save your insurance for a major repair like I had! $7000 in damage on a 08 that was 4 months old. Uninsured and unlicensed guy:047: from Mexico. (his fault) When I picked up the truck from the repair I found a chip in the windshield and they replaced it.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52451

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome to the cracked windshield club. I had mine replaced last year and 2 weeks later I got a hit right in front of me. Got the repair kit and did a quick fix job but it will need replaced again and this will be the 4th.

·
Registered
76 Posts
mine broke too

Mine just happened on my 2007 EX. Started in the extreme passenger lower corner and runs diagonally for about 6 inches :( Did not hit any debris, nor is there any chips. Just a crack.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeesh - I keep reading about the cracked windshields in E's. So sorry this is happening to folks and won't be surprised if it happens to me as well (recently got an 07). The propensity of this problem should have Honda feeling embarassed enough to replace E windshields at no cost when this happens (bad enough that the car owner has to spend time dealing with it, even time lost off work in many cases).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts