Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same story in NY got my element in january by febuary the windshield broke. I just got it fixed and used Honda glass. I could have used after market glass, but with my experiance in the automotive field, i have found after market glass is never as good as factory glass. When is Honda going to admit their is a problem with their windshields?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Our personal preferences with products like windshields is largly based on our experiences. I for one will not use honda glass because of how easily it damaged. I beleive, right or wrong, that this is soft glass that is not holding up to the demands that are placed on it. Another factor is wanting aftermarket is that the guys at two different glass shops had not heard of the brand of glass on my element.

You said you had a choise in honda or aftermarket. To the best of my knowledge, there is no aftermarket glass in Canada yet. Where did you find this aftermarket glass. I would like to see if they will ship to Canada.

[/quote]When is Honda going to admit their is a problem with their windshields?
Yet you still used honda glass, Why?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only Honda glass is available from the dealer....no aftermarket available at least on the west coast. The installer told me it is acyually PPG glass but PPG won't sell to the installers, they are restricted to selling only to the Honda dealers. Smells fishy to me.......

Cost of a new Element Windshield $ 494.00 installed with new molding which they require even if the car is BRAND new. Hmmmm

·
Registered
163 Posts
[quote:ac812a6f95="boneheadz"]Our personal preferences with products like windshields is largly based on our experiences. I for one will not use honda glass because of how easily it damaged. I beleive, right or wrong, that this is soft glass that is not holding up to the demands that are placed on it. Another factor is wanting aftermarket is that the guys at two different glass shops had not heard of the brand of glass on my element.

You said you had a choise in honda or aftermarket. To the best of my knowledge, there is no aftermarket glass in Canada yet. Where did you find this aftermarket glass. I would like to see if they will ship to Canada.

[/quote:ac812a6f95]When is Honda going to admit their is a problem with their windshields?
Yet you still used honda glass, Why?
I would use Honda glass because I have the VIN number on all of my windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts