Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 1149 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got my first crack today. It figures on the day of the bear mountain meet. I can't tell if it was a impact or stress crack. I called my dealer and they said no problem and to bring it in when I get a chance and I have full glass coverage so it shouldn't be a problem. The funny thing is this week I heard the dash making a funny noise and my experience in the past is when you hear that "creeking" noise it usually means that a crack is coming but I ignored it since it was a new car. The crack is in the lower right corner of the windshield in fron of the passenger seat.

I'll post an update when I get it done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My windshield is cracked in the middle. The dealer said it was an impact crack and wouldn't fix it. The funny thing is I never heard or saw anything hit the windshield. I just came out one morning and there it was. There isn't a star or a chip, just a crack about an inch long. It happened just a few days after I bought my E.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has any one noticed that the headliner in the element is frayed were the ceiling meets the glass after having the windshield replaced?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has any one noticed that the headliner in the element is frayed were the ceiling meets the glass after having the windshield replaced?

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeah I have it near the sunroof too. Very WEird.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I've never had a cracked windscreen in 40 years of driving bad roads till I got my Element. (lower right passenger side).
The crack keeps creeping towards the lower corner.
The dealer said that something hit it below the wiper blade and gave me an estimate of $ 800.00. I'll leave it for all to see.

Still, I do love the vehicle.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That is where mine was hit. Right below the wiper on the passenger side. Very weird. I still think that it wasn't an impact crack since it did originate from the bottom of the windshield. It didn't cost me anything anyway because I have glass coverage but I still think Honda should have paid for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The location of the crack is strange in that mine is in that same location.
Theres a tiny, I mean tiny pit under the passenger wiper blade thats in the middle of a crack that runs to the bottom of the windshield and to the right.
The dealer seemed perplexed when I mentioned that perhaps the issue is that the windshield is susceptible to a crack running if there is any impact in that area due to stress already on the windshield. He's going to check with the rep but I ain't holding my breath. Asides from some rattles around the passenger side, thats been about it after 2 months and 6000 miles. Fine piece of business.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, it finally happened! Woke up this morning to find a crack in lower corner driver side near the NJ registration/inspection sticker. Vehicle has less than 500 miles; I haven't even made my first payment yet! Went to the dealer [Planet Honda, Union NJ] and service manager takes a look. He points to some microscopic pit with his pen and swears it's an impact crack. Now, I've been driving for 30 years and have never had a cracked windshield! He won't replace the windshield. He says to come back when the Honda rep is there and have him look at it. Now, I'm thinking...I had to go all the way to the dealer and he won't do anything about it. Now I have to come in AGAIN and have somebody ELSE take a look? Has Honda considered the incredible inconvenience this has caused everyone? Here we are, extending a great deal of faith and loyalty to Honda in buying a car in its first model year and we have to get grief from the dealer's service departments! While we still love the car, I could get browned off on Honda and never go near one again.

What have other people done when the service managers won't do the work under warranty? My plan is to see another dealer on Monday and if I get the same runaround, I'll contact the Honda main office. Has anybody had any experience with Honda main office?

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote:d54e6c90fe=" "]I am very sorry about the cap lock I am new to message boards and did not know.[/quote:d54e6c90fe]
Welcome to the forums -- a lot of us are glad to see a tech here, regardless of how you type. ;)

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:083a0c9c6d=" "]I am very sorry about the cap lock I am new to message boards and did not know.[/quote:083a0c9c6d]

Ok, I apologize for making my tongue-in-cheek joke about your sig then. :)

-brendan

·
Registered
117 Posts
:cry: My Windsheild cracked yesterday on my first road trip in the E!! i still dont know if that is warranteed, does anyone know if it was warrantied?

1 - 20 of 1149 Posts