Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with the front windshield cracking or stones/rocks hitting the windshield of the element :?:

Please provide feedback, everybody benefits from the experience of others!

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you check out the other threads on this board, you will see that there is an on going talk about the windshield. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Winshield chipped on my first road trip :(

The stone was only 3-4mm wide.

I hope this doesn't become a problem...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We should put up an actual poll to see how many windshields have been cracked. Maybe chips, cracks, and total. Then we can get a percentage of owners with problems. Just a thought. 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
No problems yet, but I will say that when something hits it on the highway, it is more obvious to me than my other car, i.e. I can hear it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
but isn't this a problem with any car? my civics windshield looked like a teenager with acne... so i don't think this is an inherant E problem... :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have lived in Phoenix for 6 years, driven 5 different cars and NEVER had a cracked windshield. Only have 700 miles on my beautiful new Element and it has a crack from the base to the center of the windshield! Definitely seems like an Element problem - will report to both Honda NA & my dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I must say I am very concerned. Just joined this club and immediately noticed many complaints about cracked windshields. Mine cracked at 1400 Miles. This sounds like it may be a serious problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
lost the first one to something so small it would be embarassing to call it a stone. that was @ 1500 mi. . turned into big crack and had to be replaced.
second windshield was hit by a small stone and put a one half in. star crack in upper left side. not spreading, so not replacing till this mess gets sorted out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
21 days, 1500 miles, so far all is well with the windshield.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i hope this is not going to be a major problem with windshields, I just dumped a 2001 vw jetta with windows spontainiously dropping into the doors and that was a known very bad problem

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Windshield cracked due to a rock thrown from an 18 wheeler. It was a month and 1/2 since purchase, and I am still waiting for the replacement to come in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have never had a windshield crack in the 9 years I have been driving.

Have had my Element for 15 days with less than 500 miles. Driving home last night, I noticed a window crack!

I addressed the winshield issue with my dealer prior to buying the vehicle, so we'll see if he actually comes through on fixing it. ESPECIALLY since my VIN is outside the service bulletin!

·
Registered
5 Posts
NOT FIXING IT!!! Big freakin surprise. I hope they are ready to be cc:ed on every memo and letter I send to Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had small crack the day I drove it home for dealership and already has another. 2 small cracks total so far. 4500 miles I had a civic for 4 years and not one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
484 miles on my element, no evidence of a rock but a 6 inch crack in the windshield. The dealer told me my insurance would probably cover it. Could it be defective? How can you determine that? Bummer.

AAA

1 - 20 of 29 Posts