Honda Element Owners Club banner

Windshield Repair Kit

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  domking0200 
#1 ·
With all the buzz about cracked windshields, I decided to buy a windshied repair kit from Advantage Auto for $8.00 to keep on hand. This simple kit follows the professional procedures of injecting a liquid resin into center of a startburst scratch. Seems simple to use, but needs hot water to thin the resin. I would think a cup of hot coffee would do in a pinch if traveling. The directions say less than 20 minutes to repair followed by curing time in sunlight to harden. Since I have had these startbursts successfully repaired in the past but I know it's better to do it sooner than later. The more stress the windshield has from heat or cold the more likely it is to split. Having this on hand might save the windshield.

VA Plate Honda E

#5 ·
I agree, most insurance would rather pay the $40 than replace a windshield. I confirmed mine would. I got the repair kit for traveling when there it would be highly unlikely I would get the chip repaired before it might split. I guess it's my Boy Scout wanna be mentality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.