Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed that my 05 E does not have that strip of tint on the top of the windshield. I know that the crv and pilot both have this tint. I also know that there is normally a line on the windshield showing that if there is tint it can not be placed lower that that small line. I bought my E used from the Honda Dealer and was just curious as to if I could add about a 6-8 inch strip of window tint to the top of my windshield to help block the sun? does anyone else have or not have the tint on the windshield?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mine does not have any tint either. You may want to check with your local DMV to make sure how low you can go on the windshield.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
I just got mine replaced (hazards of being up here) and inquired about getting the new windshield with it. There isn't even one offered, which stinks in my book. Oh, well, guess I'll have to make my own (unless the EOC one finally makes its debut..... :roll: 8) )

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My 08 came new without the tint however after a rock removed my ability to see through it I replaced it with one that WAS tented along the top. I think you just need to wait for your rock (it's coming) and then call around.
They do make em.
Meanwhile use a baseball cap.

·
Registered
403 Posts
When I had my 05 E I had the tint shop that did my front side windows also do a banner across the windshield. I think it was about 5 inches deep. It worked well at the time. With my new 2010 E I only have my front side windows tinted. I would like a windshield that had the tint in the glass. That will have to wait for a rock:grin:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I just had my front sides and the windshield banner done last week. I'm not diggin' the banner. The shop said that they did it per the AS1 line. It's about 5" on the sides, but it has an arc that narrows to about 2" in the center behind the rear view mirror. The arc doesn't match the contour of anything and kinda looks outta place. Oh well, it was free. I called last month and was quoted $80 for the front sides and $20 for the banner. Called last week was quoted $65 and $20. Picked it up and it was $60 plus tax. Guess I can't b1tch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts