Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one replaced the windshield washer nozzles on the Element?

My GAWD they are terrible. Every time I used it during the winter it wasn't worth crap.

Please help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've noticed that the passenger side nozzle sprays just fine, but the driver's side just squirts to the middle of the windshield. It's like the driver's side nozzle has a clog or something.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, let me elaborate.

Each nozzle sprays two streams at the windshield, right in the middle.

The Charger I drive on patrol has a nice spray that covers the windshield.

I would like a spray that covers the windshield.

Would the Charger nozzles work on the Element?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I can't say wether the charger nozzles will work or not but the do have generic ones at good auto parts joints.

But, for those that need to clean out the stock nozzles, use a high "E" string from a guitar. I find the super slinky's work best.

he he he..... I said e string:-D

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know they were adjustable. Thanks!:eye:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Been working on mine today. I have an '03 E and I can't see how they are at all adjustable... but I'd be happy just to have them squirt again. I did get the back ones to work though..
Found a ton of junk was clogging the line right at the end. I opened up the hatch and found the six inches of hose with a connector inside the hinge.I disconnected the little connector and then ran the pump. Thick globs of black crud ran out on the tail gate. Easily wiped off. Reconnected and it still was clogged. Took a safety pin to the inside of the connector. Removed the sprayer and blew through it the opposite way to clear it. To get the rear spray nozzle off you have to fish off the rubber washer then use a pin or something.. tweezers may do the trick for you.. to squeeze the two tabs on either side so you can get it out.
Now the back works fine.
I tried to do the same on the front sprayer nozzles but no luck. I'm going to see if I can find any guitar strings laying around and try that. Hopefully I haven't already ruined them with the safety pin...
Still only seeing a trickle through one of them though.

·
Registered
27 Posts

In case you didn't know the windshield spray nozzles on the Element are adjustable...so if you don't like where yours are squirting adjust them.

How would one "adjust" them? I'm not seeing it either??? My back one is a mess... Just a straight line of liquid down the middle of the window... Looks like crap...

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
You can adjust the direction of the spray by sticking a needle into the nozzle. It's kind of like a ball and socket kind of thing.

Trial and error.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Replacement Nozzle Assembly

Does anyone know where to get replacement Washer Nozzles? The dealer wants $55 for two little nozzles. I got a set from Amazon and one of them won't spray.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,730 Posts
Just checked the local Honda dealership, $45.00 each! Are they kidding me?

I will be sourcing some from an auto parts store.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Replaced mines w/Dorman nozzles from o'reilly last winter, the spray pattern is nice and wide. I also do throw in a bottle of rubbing alcohol 70% when it gets below 32°.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts