Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this indicator is only on Canadian models, but under the RPM meters, my "windshield wiper fluid" indicator light went on. I refilled the fluid, but the light has stayed on.

Anyone know how to make it shut off? I searched the forums and can't find anyone else who's had this.

Thanks!

·
12,179 Posts
I think this indicator is only on Canadian models, but under the RPM meters, my "windshield wiper fluid" indicator light went on. I refilled the fluid, but the light has stayed on.

Anyone know how to make it shut off? I searched the forums and can't find anyone else who's had this.

Thanks!
Your washer fluid indicator sensor in the bottom of the tank is likely pooched and in need of replacement. Not an uncommon issue with Hondas.

·
Registered
590 Posts
for some reason that light really bothered me on my VW, so i understand. i kinda like the excitement of reaching for them in my honda and wondering if it'll be there or not. hopefully the sensor is separate from the reservoir

·
12,179 Posts
for some reason that light really bothered me on my VW, so i understand. i kinda like the excitement of reaching for them in my honda and wondering if it'll be there or not. hopefully the sensor is separate from the reservoir

Unfortunately the sensor is right at the botton of the washer tank. The sell for close to $100 canadian. I would have to check the manual but my thinking is that when the float drops it completes the circuit and turns the light off. If one really wanted to they could just cut one of the wires and never see the light again.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts