Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know that there are other threads about this but I would like to hear from canadians. How many have got chips or cracks. My Element is a month old and I have three major chips. One is now a crack. Dealer quoted over 600.00 to replace and they are not avialable in the aftermarket yet. Mine is in the glass shop now and if the new chip spreads when the try to fix it I will not be able to drive it. I know that I should have known by looking at the angle that this would happen.
But I am not convinced that this is a design problem. I would like to know how many canadians have trouble to see if it is worth complianing to honda canada.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've taken a few rocks off the windshield, and nothing yet. No cracks, or even pits. Looks new still. Had it 3 weeks and have 1900 k on it.

Nate

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got 5000 miles logged and my windshield is full of pits. Dealer said he has had 3 come back with cracked windshields. Waiting now for a recall or some type of warranty. All my miles are in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I had a Isuzu P'up that tok a rock and got a crack about 13 years ago. The next truck, a 2.2 litre S-10 survived with no damage after 4 years. The present truck has two pits and a small crack after three years. I could assume that it's the the larger 4.3 engine in this S-10 or I could look at my driving and realize that I am on th 401 for 60 klicks nearly every day - more crap to kick up and more likely to get a ding.

I hope it's not a generic honda problem, tho.

Iskie

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was just cruzin on Hwy 1 today and a small rock hit the window! By the sound I wasn't expecting anything but sure enough, my first chip. :cry: Unfortunately this chip does have a small run also. So I guess it's time to start checking if front windows are readily available for the "E".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts