Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am wondering if you guys go through a lot of windshield on you Honda Element?? I myself have replaced my Element with only two replacements windshields @ 158,000 milies but have been doing a lot of windshield repairs as well????? I had a letter from a court in CA few years regarding the replacement of the windshields ie STRESS CRACKS on the Element??? Did anybody else get a letter??:?:?:?:?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there, I am wondering if you guys go through a lot of windshield on you Honda Element?? I myself have replaced my Element with only two replacements windshields @ 158,000 milies but have been doing a lot of windshield repairs as well????? I had a letter from a court in CA few years regarding the replacement of the windshields ie STRESS CRACKS on the Element??? Did anybody else get a letter??????????????????

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Where did the cracks originate? If they all started at one of the corners, then you have reason to be concerned about stress from the windshield frame. But the replacement glass installers should have noticed if there was anything unusual (e.g. roughness in the sealant or welding)

If the cracks all started with rock hits (even small ones), blame them on the random nature of rock hits. All cars can get cracks from rock hits. The short hood, and upright angle of the windshield may make the Element a bit more vulnerable to rock hits, but that is hard to test or prove.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
There is extensive amount of information on this site about the windshield Issues. I suggest you try reading some of the previous posts on the subject. They will shed some light on your troubles. As well as giving you some options on attacking the trouble. A quick search revealed 5 threads that you may find helpful.

Just go down below this thread to the Similar threads box and start reading!

Dom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts