Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to replace the wiper inserts on my E today as we have been getting torential rains and mine have been streaking. I knew this was going to be a problem, as most stores do not have the E in their indexes yet. Called the dealer and of course they said, "sure, bring it in and we'll do it". They wouldn't give me the part number but said I could order the proper ones from the parts department. GEEZ ALREADY!! So, I took my wiper blade off (easy) and took it in to Salvo. It matches perfectly with Trico's 46-200 wiper refills. Just in case anyone needs to know....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im baffled by this, I work as a warranty administrator for a couple local honda dealerships and all of them have the parts catalog up to date or atleast within a couple months and all of them show the part numbers require for wiper blades.

Generally as a rule of thumb wiper blades are covered under warranty for 12 months/12,000 miles so you should still be covered under the factory warranty for wiper blades, so why are you looking to aftermarket for wiper blades. Also I've found that the factory wiper blades work far superior to aftermarket blades (untill you get into those blades that cost about $35.00 for a set).

As far as I know the wiper blades are pretty standard, and ones 16" (or whatever they are) is anothers 16" blade.

Ive only had 3 to 5 Elements come in for warranty repairs since they came out, and none of them have needed wiper blades, most are rattles, and things like that.

I dont know what dealership you are dealing with, but they should be current on their updates if not then their parts director is not doing his job and should be fired for not updating their parts cataglog.

·
Registered
894 Posts
A lot of smearing is due to dirty glass. An occassional good cleaning with an automotive glass cleaner helps a lot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
on this rain-x thing, i treated the glass on my e after the first wash (that was about a month ago). yesterday, i was driving on a road trip and got into some serious rain. the wipers were "grabbing" on the windshield and at the leftmost point of travel, grabbed to such a degree that there is now built-up black rubber on the glass. the only "change" i made was by treating with rain-x, which i have done with many cars in the past. i'm a little baffled by what happened. anybody got any thoughts?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I understand that you have to reapply the Rain-X on a regular basis else this will happen.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LakesideZ:

1) I am past the 12,000 mile mark.

2) The dealer simply wants me to come in and spend the money there. Sorry, but I'm not spending that kind of money on wiper blades. There is nothing wrong with the blades, I just needed new insert refills. $6.00 at Salvo. Why would I pay $35 at the dealer when they now work as good as new?

3) as for the streaking, I cleaned the windshield and the problem didn't improve much. Changed the inserts. Problem solved.

4) Rain-X sucks. Just my personal opinion. Used it on one car and will never do it again.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bosch micro edge excel blades worked for me

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have any of you that run your E's in the snow replaced your wiper blades with the covered winter type? Ie, Anco, Trico, etc. I have been searching all night all over the web for the replacement number and size and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a part number for a winter blade?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I use Anco 30-20 (2 of them). Got em at Wal*Mart.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Best Wiper Blades???

Hello. I am curious which wiper blades are the best for the E and in general. Any thoughts?? Have heard good things about the piaa ones but looking for somewhere other than e-bay and a good price.

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
Re: Best Wiper Blades???

i love my piaa super silicone blades. Very good.

·
Registered
516 Posts

I have been getting mine from Honda, OEM. They're not expensive, and they last a lot longer than anything I've tried from a store.

·
Registered
136 Posts

seb said:
I have been getting mine from Honda, OEM. They're not expensive, and they last a lot longer than anything I've tried from a store.
Don't know why something so obvious has escaped my attention. I've always had very good luck w/Honda/Acura blades as well. I think I'm going to get these when needed. I drive right by the Honda dealer every day.

I do not like the silicon blades I've gotten from Wally World. They were not PIAA. In fact, I've never been very impressed with any of the aftermarket blades I've tried. I've always been disappointed.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

the honda oem replacement rubber inserts are only abourt $10 for all three at H&A. i bought mine there along with the filters for the 30k checkup.

·
EOC Grafx Staff
353 Posts
Re: Winter wiper blades

wow I found this ancient thread.

Anyone have any suggestions for winter blades ,2 years later?

I bought a set of Traco that the book at pepboys suggested and they are too large (ie the blades do not touch the windshield entirely) i'm trying to prep for a rough winter.

·
MØÐΣ®ΔTΩ®
3,749 Posts

I just put on a pair of 20" Trico winter blades this past weekend. Yeah, the very ends of the wiper don't touch the windshield entirely, but I'll try to be optimistic and hope they will eventually conform to the shape of the windshield. At the very least, I'm hoping they won't be prone to the freezing buildup of snow and ice the way the factory wipers are.

·
Registered
469 Posts

Genom said:
I just put on a pair of 20" Trico winter blades this past weekend. Yeah, the very ends of the wiper don't touch the windshield entirely, but I'll try to be optimistic and hope they will eventually conform to the shape of the windshield. At the very least, I'm hoping they won't be prone to the freezing buildup of snow and ice the way the factory wipers are.
Mine do the same thing...they are fine. The wipers that were on before did the same thing as well and they worked fine too.

·
MØÐΣ®ΔTΩ®
3,749 Posts

Cool...I didn't want to have to go through another winter where at every traffic light I've got my left arm out the window waiting to "catch" the wiper on its upswing and "snap" it against the windshield to dislodge the icebergs jammed in it.:x

1 - 20 of 180 Posts