Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wanting to install a set of oem tweets in my 03 dx. I have an aftermarket head unit. Can I cut of the plug on the tweeters and splice in speaker wire and run it to the head unit? Can I then tap into the front speakers? I have a experience with running subs/amps but not on tweets. I really don't want to mess with an amp on my mid and highs. How are the tweets ran with the oem hu? I already have a sub so I'm not pushing any bass to my mids and highs. Thanks!

·
12,180 Posts
I am wanting to install a set of oem tweets in my 03 dx. I have an aftermarket head unit. Can I cut of the plug on the tweeters and splice in speaker wire and run it to the head unit? Can I then tap into the front speakers? I have a experience with running subs/amps but not on tweets. I really don't want to mess with an amp on my mid and highs. How are the tweets ran with the oem hu? I already have a sub so I'm not pushing any bass to my mids and highs. Thanks!

The tweeters for the EX are spliced into the front door speakers. As long as you tap into the correct wires i cannot see any reason why you can't splice it at the HU instead in the doors.

This post from Bigal has the schematic for the speaker wiring.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=536181&postcount=1

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anone else on the wiring? Can I just cut the plug off, run positive/negative wires, splice in and I'm done?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
there is no advantage to hooking it behind the radio or hooking it up in the driver kickpanel connector that goes to the driver door speaker or the connector to the right of the glovebox for the right front speaker. your tweeters more than likely have a cap on them to filter out low frequencies just like the factory ones do and they are just hooked up in parallel with the door speakers. hook them up where ever you feel comfortable running the wires to, makes no difference.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no advantage to hooking it behind the radio or hooking it up in the driver kickpanel connector that goes to the driver door speaker or the connector to the right of the glovebox for the right front speaker. your tweeters more than likely have a cap on them to filter out low frequencies just like the factory ones do and they are just hooked up in parallel with the door speakers. hook them up where ever you feel comfortable running the wires to, makes no difference.
Thanks! Yeah, they are the oem tweets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts