Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got 4 offroad lights that im planning on installing on the custom light bar from Brokoli, but i need help from anyone that has previously wired things in the element. i dont want to wire them straight to the battery because that looks messy in the engine bay, so i was going to wire them to the fusebox. I looked under the steering wheel today at the box and it looks like there are no open spots to wire anything. could someone help me figure this out? pictures would be GREAT or just an explanation. thanks

I also would like to know where you run the wires from the car to the engine bay, i cant find any holes, and i dont want to drill if i dont have to.

·
Registered
599 Posts
An easier option than running the wire to the fusebox under the dash is to hook up the power supply to the positive lug in the under hood fusebox. I don't have a picture handy but if you take the cover off the top there are two large lugs which are the input from the battery to the fusebox. Crimp a split ring connector on the end of your wire, loosen the lug and slip it underneath.

If you want to have the relay for your new lights (you are using a relay, right?) to only work when the key is in the ON position, you'll need a switched power source. Read this thread for where to find the best one. http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50870&highlight=hood+fuse+box

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really helpful

I have read many threads about people doing their lights and wiring them, but I still can't seem to find where to route the wires. Although I may end up wiring to the fuse box in the engine bay, I still need to route my switch wires into the cabin. if anyone has pictures PLEASE post them here. I'm going to do a picture step by step installation with pictures when I finally get this figured out:twisted:

and i saw in a thread to which fuse to wire in the cabin, but it only has power when the ignition is on; is there another fuse where there is always power, just in case I do end up wanting to wire them to the inside fuse box. And no, I don't think I will be using any sort of relay, just simple wiring with inline fuses and 2 switches.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I still need to route my switch wires into the cabin. if anyone has pictures PLEASE post them here. I'm going to do a picture step by step installation with pictures when I finally get this figured out:twisted:
Follow the cable for the hood release and relate it to the picture in post #3. That will be your best wiring route without drilling a hole.

and i saw in a thread to which fuse to wire in the cabin, but it only has power when the ignition is on; is there another fuse where there is always power
There is a constant on fuse in the cabin. You can still use the relay that came with your lights and just wire the switch to the constant on source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts