Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hooking up a amp and sub and keeping factory head unit,

i have a high to low converter box hooked up, power wire ran, ground hooked up,

my issue is for the remote wire, i cannot find a wire in the rear area that has 12v when key is on first click (radio on) i tested every wire back there, none receive power when key is on first click, is it possible to use the speaker wire for a remote to turn on amp? or should i just suck it up and run a remote from the dash to the back? any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hooking up a amp and sub and keeping factory head unit,

i have a high to low converter box hooked up, power wire ran, ground hooked up,

my issue is for the remote wire, i cannot find a wire in the rear area that has 12v when key is on first click (radio on) i tested every wire back there, none receive power when key is on first click, is it possible to use the speaker wire for a remote to turn on amp? or should i just suck it up and run a remote from the dash to the back? any help appreciated
the factory amp is in the kickpanel on the passenger side. there are several threads that have the schematic showing what wire to attach to, as you dont just want a wire that is on with the key. if for some reason you turn the radio off and the key is still on you will sometimes get feedback from the amp. you can use an auto turn on piece like the adct2 from metra that will shut off after the audio signal goes away and come on when it sees it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i wired it up, amp powers up when radio is on, but nothing is coming out of my sub...

whole system worked perfect yesterday in my Audi before i removed it to put it in my element. i didnt mess with the settings..and my friend hooked up his sub and amp which work, and they do the same thing in the E.

is it possible i need to hook up my hi/low converter up to the factory sub wiring, or just wire it up to the sub w/o the hi/low converter.

right now, the converter is hooked up to the rear drivers speaker, and the gain in turned up all the way, and makes no difference which way i turn it. it is only a few months old and worked yesterday in my other car so i dont think its that. any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
ok, i wired it up, amp powers up when radio is on, but nothing is coming out of my sub...

whole system worked perfect yesterday in my Audi before i removed it to put it in my element. i didnt mess with the settings..and my friend hooked up his sub and amp which work, and they do the same thing in the E.

is it possible i need to hook up my hi/low converter up to the factory sub wiring, or just wire it up to the sub w/o the hi/low converter.

right now, the converter is hooked up to the rear drivers speaker, and the gain in turned up all the way, and makes no difference which way i turn it. it is only a few months old and worked yesterday in my other car so i dont think its that. any help appreciated
see the sticky about hooking up an aftermarket radio in the mobile electronics section. this has been gone over multiple times.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but i am not hooking up an aftermarket radio, its stock EX with facotry amp, i am just adding another sub and amp to it,

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
*UPDATE*

the high/low converter i am running is the scosche FAI 3A from walmart, and i have the setting on line out, i get a little sound, when its turned to factory amp setting, no sound, but if i remove 1 of the RCA's i get sound, both work, but only if one is plugged in at a time

do i have my wires hooked up wrong? i put 2 + and 2 - to the rear pass speaker, (only easy connector to get to, since i had the side plastic panel off) and ran all 4 wires into the scosche unit as 2+ and 2-, whats the deal? thanks for help!!!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sounds like you may have the LOC hooked up with the inputs out of phase. Are you sure you have the left and right (+) hooked together and the left and right (-) hooked together?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*Another Update*

Problem fixed, the Hi/lo converter was turned up all the way, and when i turned it down it works for both RCA's...and does it slam...thanks for the help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts