Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He cried Momo, Momo (to misquote Billy Idol)

He is my weekend project. Momo shifter boot, Momo shifter knob and Momo pedals installed.

It takes a bit to get used to the new pedals, particularly as my running shoes were so bulky as to make me hit both the gas and brake at the same time with the clutch in. Those shoes also made me lose the feel of the pedals which I needed. Fine and dandy with my normal shoes on today. The pedals feel much better than stock. Much more responsive. They don't call them racing pedals for nothing. :lol:

I will post later some install tips - particularly the shift boot - it takes some delicate operations on the boot to install.

Thanks again to my patient and kind bf for taking the picture and ftp'ing it to me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a closeup on the shifter and boot:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cool stuff, Iskie. I'd love to replace the boot, too. Waiting (patiently, of course) for the details...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The antenna improves looks, but weakens reception in some areas - like the third florr of my work's parking garage. I used to be able to get reception three floors down quite reasonably well. Oh well, small loss. :)

Notes on installation will be done tonite.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Iskie-

My husband can't see this....but I love the yellow bungee in the blue/gray interior (just like my EBP).

It looks Super!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Iskie,

Great MODS!!! (drool, drool)

Before you 'spill the beans' could you maybe, please include the answers to the following questions??

1) what model momo shifter is that?

2) Easy install? (pedals + shifter)

3) does the shifter look good with the stock boot? (I kinda like it)

4) Where did you purchase them? Any store you recommend here in the GTA?

5) (from another thread) Has your CloudRider arrived yet?

6) Is that a white rabbit candy wrapper?

thanks,
campEr

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Answers, answers, answers:

camper:

1) I beleive is the Race model
2) Judge from my notes
3) Looks like crap because the factory shift boot can't mate with the Momo.
4) Pacific Mall - Formula Import
5) No.
6) Yes indeedy. I just found Die Ba Toe Tong at my local Loblaws last night. I am in heaven - don't need to wait to go to a Chinese supermarket to get it.

Diane:

Your husband can't see it? As in he does not like the combo of colours, I hope?

eMass:

I will try to get a picture this evening.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Ummmmmmmm no Iskie.....my husband was pushing the yellow bungee for our E, but I told him I thought th yellow would look hideous in my EBP E....I stand corrected! The Yellow ROCKS! My only problem now is that I alreday bought the blue.....and now my E will match the majority of my house....blue and yellow and gray! UGH!!!!

**** For the record: I am a woman admitting she was wrong****
(and my husband said it couldn't be done!)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's all because of my fabulous sense of style. It's undeniable. Yellow bungees are so now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.