Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be knocked out today if there wasn't flooding in Atlanta! I should have it all wrapped up this week for sure.

Has anyone done this in an Element before? --It has the perfect floor for it!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love it. Dogs would hate it,lol.
Oh i'll get a cheap piece of carpet or some towels for them to lay on, otherwise they'll be sliding everywhere! :lol:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I think someone made a comment on it before but never actually did it. I can't wait to see pictures. I have a couple of leftover boxes of armstrong laminate flooring in my garage I should see what I can do...:D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think someone made a comment on it before but never actually did it. I can't wait to see pictures. I have a couple of leftover boxes of armstrong laminate flooring in my garage I should see what I can do...:D
I've got two boxes of similar product from my old job. $25 for both--so not a bad deal!

I've helped install about 1500sf of it before, so I should do quite well making this look as OEM as possible!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
A friend of mine did wood floors in his van back in the day................they looked good, can't wait to see this complete

·
Registered
715 Posts
If you need a non slip rug on top of it, get a bathroom rug. They have rubber backing and won't slip around.

What about the access to the spare tire? It would look a lot better if you just did one continuous floor, but you might need to get to the spare someday.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The idea works in theory, but it's almost impossible to get wood flooring to lay down flat without the necessary preps and base-board, those who've worked with it know what I'm talking about, when you work with it in too small an amount, it becomes impossible. Either way, I've seen people do this in their trunks, but I have never been able to get it to work right. Yes, I tried it...

Also, if it does work eventually, which it did, you will scoff, and say it looks like crap, and get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the rear piece finished (less the rubber molding):

The first piece had a cutout for the spare tire cover, but I think it looked better without the cutout.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Picture is missing :confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Funny, doesn't look like crap to me. The DH, who did this for a living for years, doesn't think it's impossible either. Are you doing under the rear sets too? Huh? Huh?! *taps foot*

·
Registered
557 Posts
I tried it and it was perfect, and exactly the size of my rear carpet, and I didn't like it. Maybe it's because the interior of my car is brown anyway, and it was just too much. I just refinished my trunk in suede and called it a day. The one here doesn't seem bad actually, I kind of like it. Ok, it just looked like crap in my car, lets say.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny, doesn't look like crap to me. The DH, who did this for a living for years, doesn't think it's impossible either. Are you doing under the rear sets too? Huh? Huh?! *taps foot*
Yes, I will. I only had enough free time to do this rear piece first. :)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
use velcro, I put wood inside the PT Cruiser when I had it, went to Home Depot, but wood (Armstrong) plank put them together and laid them inside, cutting was the hardest part, I will look cool inside a E:lol: Do the whole rear, remove the seats

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts