Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Funny how I told my wife that the Element looked like the truck with wood paneling in the series Lassie...wow I'm so old....Jesus was in my year book......

·
Registered
113 Posts
While I definitely like the idea of the Element as a woody, that particular one is kind of... tacked on? I don't know, the "wood" reminds me of peel 'n stick tile flooring. Below is a mock-up of a woody element I made a while ago... I'd be thrilled if Honda came out with a "special edition" woody element like that!

·
Registered
493 Posts
EWWWW! That Wood-E is AWFUL looking! Like someone said, a peel-and-apply tile floor. Or worse, a peel-and-apply wood parquet!! BLAH!

Ger

·
Registered
155 Posts
Don't care for the way the black one looks, but would love to see a woody model!

BTW one of the reasons I went for the SOP is the faint reminder of the old surfin woodies from my youth.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The panels look like they are plastic decals. I do think that it's a good idea in theory, but the style is a little funky.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The wood-E is awful. I hope the E doesn't become the PT Cruiser of 2003 with every fat, balding 60 year old male trying to do something to their E to differentiate it from the next one.

What next, an E with a Rolls Royce grille.

The Woody was great in its day. Leave it there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Barf.

Drew

(p.s. new comments shouted at me this weekend ... - "Nice truck! I thought it was ugly before, but I like it in that color!" and my new favorite.. "Dude! Is that a Ford? It's SWEET!")

·
Registered
46 Posts
The first one has a wood shape size that reminds me of the old wooden motor boats.

I like it for that reason.

Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
:?: Does anyone have any info on companies that produce woodgrain side panel/door kits for the Element. I think it would look great!

·
Registered
894 Posts
There some sold on Ebay that are easy to find.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think this person is inquiring about the availability of EXTERIOR wood grain door kits - like a Woody.

AFAIK - there's nothing yet (thank goodness IMHO) :lol:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes, my mistake.

·
Registered
46 Posts
the easiet way that you are going to achieve this look is to go to a sign shop (one of the "instant sign" places) and buy some woodgrain patterned vinyl.

assuming they do vehicle lettering and etc (is there a sign shop that doesnt?) they can install it for you as well.

There are a number of patterns available... If the shop doesnt have what you want available, you could also order a roll of it yourself from somewhere like www.beacongraphics.com and take it to them (sign store) or a window tint shop and have them install it.

hope that helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think wood grain panels fit the E style. Maybe on the PT cruiser but NOT the E. If you want wood grain panels on a car buy a station wagon and call yourself Grizwald!!!

1 - 20 of 495 Posts