Honda Element Owners Club banner

481 - 495 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's not THAT bad, would look better on an E with painted panels and the wood applique designed to look more like a traditional woody.

The more important question here is, how the hell did you come across it? It's a Google street view of an obscure gas station in an even more obscure town in Alaska :twisted:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It's not THAT bad, would look better on an E with painted panels and the wood applique designed to look more like a traditional woody.

The more important question here is, how the hell did you come across it? It's a Google street view of an obscure gas station in an even more obscure town in Alaska :twisted:
Agreed. Good idea with meh execution. Someone posted some pics of one with a good wood job (pause for giggles). Can't remember when tho.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
LOL...there are some threads and pics around here with more woody transformations. But that is the first refreshed/redesign/post 08 version I have seen.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My trusty, four-legged, friend is looking at me quizzically as I cackle at these woody kits. I am seriously trying to look at them seriously and find some redeeming quality but I just laugh harder.

If it was real wood and did not have the super obvious plastic decal look. I dunno...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I haven't been on the boards for some time. I just saw this post and was wondering how you attached the wood panels and trim to your Element.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Element "Country Squire"?

I'm fairly aware of the various Elements in my community.
Today I saw one that was new - and a bit odd.
If you have a vision of a Ford Country Squire - fake wood grain "contact paper" surrounded by some plastic molding- this Element looked a bit like that.
Wood grain on the side doors and the ?plastic trim going all the way around the car - maybe a little border too.

I just googled this and found a Woody trim kit; so I guess this is what it was.
Sure doesn't appeal to me, but to each their own taste.
My uncle had a real Woody (52 Mercury, I think). It was far more handsome, and real wood.

For those who have more facility then me - do we have any pictures of these on the EOC??

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
690 Posts
Hey I like it! Part of what we love about our Elements is that the E is a great canvas for what ever artwork we want to add to it!

Not that I would do mine like that mind you; but Hey, whatever floats your boat!

Now all it needs are a couple of surf boards strapped to the roof........... wait a minute, that won't work! You're in Alaska!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,402 Posts
There was a new one a couple of years ago in our dealership in Kiwi with moon wheels (not hubcaps). Kinda cool looking.... :razz: :razz:

481 - 495 of 495 Posts