Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was my birthday and some of my friends suprised me by going in together and buying me a set of OEM foglights for the E. I installed them right away and also decided to do the lower grill guard while I was at it. I know EVERYBODY has seen these item before, but I figured what the heck. Also, when I installed my fogs, I eliminated all the T-harness parts of the harness supplied with the fog lights. With this and using the 'V' connector on the underdash fuse/relay box I wired the lights to turn on with the parking lights and not be affected by any other lights turning on/off. I might go back in and change it so that they are only on with the parking lights and ignition on, that way they don't flash when I arm/disarm my alarm. Anyway, on with the cell phone pics. :cool:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Very nice. :)

Happy belated birthday!

·
Registered
507 Posts
great job.... and Happy Birthday

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! [but you really oughta lose the Nissan plate frame]
Haha, I know, that is one of the first things people said to me at the National meet in C-bus last year. I bought it from a Nissan dealership and I do like Nissans so it hasn't bothered me that much, but your wright, it needs to go.

Thanks for the compliments and birthday wishes folks. My friends did the hard part though, they forked out the dough for the lights :cool:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There......is this better? :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Happy Birthday, neighbor. Lookin' good with the fog lights. Just installed mine a couple weeks ago. Would love to find a way to make them turn on with parking lights and not require the headlights to be on.
Enjoy!! See you around! The new plate frame looks good, too!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Much better! I wasn't hatin on Nissan,it just gave the car sort of a confused look. Happy Birthday, enjoy your lights.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
very nice Nis, I want to see entire pics of the E!! Happy Birthday also.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very nice Nis, I want to see entire pics of the E!! Happy Birthday also.
Eh.....it looks like a stock GGM Element with A/T tires on it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking sharp! I love the "complete" look that the fog lights give to the front grille. :D

Yea, I know what you mean. It's funny, I've been driving around for the last 2 days like I got a new vehicle again. Now I need to get the two front windows tinted some ;-)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Fog Lights and some State Laws

They look great. I am not versed in Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws, but in many states, the fog lights can only be on when you have the headlights on low-beam.

I know from experience that it is this way Virginia as a car failed the safety inspection because I had them hooked up only when the 'parking lights' were on.

I hope you have no problems.

Bob

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They look great. I am not versed in Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws, but in many states, the fog lights can only be on when you have the headlights on low-beam.

I know from experience that it is this way Virginia as a car failed the safety inspection because I had them hooked up only when the 'parking lights' were on.

I hope you have no problems.

Bob
I think it may actually be the same way in Ohio, BUT, I have been using fog/driving lights in this manner for years and I have never been pulled over or even had it mentioned. Now that I typed this out, I will probably get pulled over today :rolleyes:

·
Registered
575 Posts
New Fogs on their way!

My new OEM Fogs are on their way to my door this week. I'm so excited to start the install next week:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts