Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yeah the only thing that i would think might be a litle more than just swapping out some plastics would be the taillights. not sure if anything behind there is different. that and the hood all look like they'd just swap.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
It's a lotta panels to switch. Don't forget the headlight, grille and taillights are different too. I like the 2008 much better. The 2009 is too ricey for me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know, but when I compare the two the only things that look the same to me are the doors, roof, and maybe the rear bumper. everything else looks slightly changed - even the hood. I'd say a lot more than changing out some panels.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup

Just call Honda and see if the main parts are the same part number like 2008 front left door part number and 2009 front left door. I did that with the front bumper cuz I have I 2006 and I wanted a 2008 front grill so I called and the bumpers where that same it was a direct fit. I know this isn't anything like swaping the whole front out but to give u an idea to make sure it works. I waned to do it but no one makes the aftermarket oem style clone parts yet and Honda oem parts are crazy money I paid like 200 fo the front grill it was 3 diffrent parts. Also they wouldn't return the parts if it didn't work. Good luck I'd love to see it done but this is one first for a element Ima stay away from lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know, but when I compare the two the only things that look the same to me are the doors, roof, and maybe the rear bumper. everything else looks slightly changed - even the hood. I'd say a lot more than changing out some panels.

I know the none sc element the rear bumper is diffrent it's more flush nice clean lines I like it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts