Honda Element Owners Club banner

WRECKED MY ELEMENT

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  zozohead 
#1 ·
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I WRECKED IT... but all four people walked away with scratches and bruises. Oh and one big Headache.

The safety features on this thing works... let me tell you.

The articles from local media outlets are on the link below... tells you pretty much what happened.

I had my digital camera with me when it happened, so I wanted to take pictures mainly for insurance purposes... also so everyone could see.

Click this link... http://mywpages.comcast.net/scsmith66/photo albums/712accident/ to see pics.

Adding more soon.

My passenger side foot space went from normal to about an 8 inch square box in less then one second. The passenger, amazing, had no problems with his legs at all, not even a bruise or bump. WOW.

I am now dealing with insurance companies... believe me... a bunch of BS but you have to have insurance.

After this is all said and done, I will be getting a new Element. The same as I had before.

Was able to salvage the floor mats and keyless entry box under the dash board. :) That made me happy. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Impact was at 45 mph... Glanced off a guard rail on drivers side and into the path of the oncoming car.... car swerved and each passenger side impacted. The impact was NOT direct head on... but believe me, it all had us in shock for a second or two after it happened.

One second we were laughing and having a good time as friends and the next second I started coughing and BANG.... I was like "what just happened?" It almost seemed like I just woke up from a dream. But it wasn't.

Just thank the man above that everyone can talk about it now... while walking around and not in a hospital bed.

#4 ·
Yikes! Glad to know everyone is okay.

#9 ·
Wow! I am so relieved that everyone was okay after that accident. Thank you for sharing your story and your pictures. I can hardly believe the wheel being detached on the passenger side! It is almost impossible to believe that your passenger was fine! Guess you all had someone looking out for you! :lol:

#11 ·
Hey Smyth/Shaun,

You should post before and after pictures...I saw what your E used to look like in your sig, and thought that some shots are identical views to the after shots...

Glad you made it out...

Remember Kids, its never safe to Cough and Drive-and knowing is half the battle!

#13 ·
Thank God everyone is all right. That is a hell of an accident. Good thing you were in the E when it happened, any other vehicle no telling how bad it could have been ...

Hope you do OK with the insurance company. Sounds like they will replace your vehicle? Great!

#14 ·
Glad that everyone is fine.

Goes to show that the Element will stand up and protect the occupants as its designed to do. Lets face it the Caddy is a heavy boat, The "E" did well.

Hope you get your replacement soon. Best of luck with the insurance company. Did you have full replacement coverage???

#15 ·
Best of luck with the insurance company. Did you have full replacement coverage???
The Claims Rep said I had more coverage then most folks do... so I guess I have pretty good coverage. My parents and I both have the same insurance. When it was time to get my own personal insurance I just had them take a mirror image of my parents and make it mine.

After the adjuster takes a look at the E and we settle on a number, then it should only take a day or two to get a new one.

For now, I am paying 20% a day of the total daily amount out of my pocket for a rental. A Chevy Trailblazer. Only like $9 and change a day....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.